Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:40 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Gander Mountain 
 Post subject: Gander Mountain
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:04 am 
Occasional Participant

The Forest Lake Gander Mountain has removed the large sign at the entrance that said all guns and bows need to be checked at the service counter except if your a CCW holder. Now there is 8x11 printed text paper signs taped to the doors that reads all guns and bows need to be checked at the front desk. There is now an employee at a little podium between the doors. I asked him about the signs in regards to people who have CCW and his response was "if I don't see it I don't need to check it". Has anyone noticed this at any other GM stores?

Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:45 am 
Delicate Flower

GM Forest Lake has had an extreme amount of theft, hence the door guard.
The regular (Bruce?) that normally covers is a retired LEO and is pretty squared away. Sometimes the fill-n person not so good.

I don't think that the GM policy has changed ............possibly modified in that store. We are doing a DNR class there in June and will check it out. One of us may get the opportunity sooner and we'll pass on what we find out.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:22 pm 

I was at the Gander Mountain in Blaine just yesterday (gearing up for the opener!)......Their signage has not changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:57 pm 

I was at the Gander store in E.P. a few days ago, their sign sign said something like... Blah, blah, blah, blah check guns but if you had a carry permit you were good to go. I found it very refreshing, it was truely a bright spot in my day!

RTK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:15 pm 

I was at the Lakeville store today and their signage had the exemption for permit holders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:28 pm 
Delicate Flower

Spoke with 40cal.............he said he had a conversation with the store manager recently about same. Does not apply to permit holders.

They are more concerned with the long guns and their cases being used for theft. Bow cases also. Check in so they know what is in the case so nothing extra leaves the store when departing.

BTW security is Brian not Bruce

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:07 am 
Longtime Regular

ttousi wrote:

G'day Bruce!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:37 pm 

Gander, Cabellas and Bass Pro Shop all have similar signs. It's mainly for people bringing stuff in to sell or trade, or for a return.

THE Best FN Forum!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:30 am 
Longtime Regular

ShipWreck wrote:
Gander, Cabellas and Bass Pro Shop all have similar signs. It's mainly for people bringing stuff in to sell or trade, or for a return.

I spoke to a manager at Cabelas who said they're not trying to limit Concealed Carry. He said if they don't see it, they're fine as they assume it's going to stay that way. He reiterated that the ones they're targeting the signs at are not the experienced, cautious carriers but the people either new to guns or inexperienced that might be bringing one in for work or information. That and theft via empty case going in full case going out :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:01 pm 

plblark wrote:
ShipWreck wrote:

I spoke to a manager at Cabelas who said they're not trying to limit Concealed Carry. He said if they don't see it, they're fine as they assume it's going to stay that way. He reiterated that the ones they're targeting the signs at are not the experienced, cautious carriers but the people either new to guns or inexperienced that might be bringing one in for work or information. That and theft via empty case going in full case going out :-)
This is the very same reason Gander Posts like they do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:27 am 
Journeyman Member

ttousi wrote:
Spoke with 40cal.............he said he had a conversation with the store manager recently about same. Does not apply to permit holders.

They are more concerned with the long guns and their cases being used for theft. Bow cases also. Check in so they know what is in the case so nothing extra leaves the store when departing.

That is a very good point and excellent reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:50 pm 

The GM in Rochester has the same sign ...except carry holders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well you re-hashed an oldy moldy, but it's good to stay updated. :D

Welcome to the Forum. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:14 pm 
The Man

mnglocker wrote:
Well you re-hashed an oldy moldy, but it's good to stay updated. :D

Welcome to the Forum. 8)
Apropos of something else, mnglocker, I think you need to add a sigline, quoting yourself from today. Brilliant.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:07 am 
Longtime Regular

Does the Eden prairie Gander carry holsters?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.