Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:29 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 High End Restaurants that Do/Don't Post 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:08 am 
Longtime Regular

I don't understand your motivations.

The hotel is posted, but the restaurant is not, so the landlord prohibition makes the sign meaningless.

Yet you won't visit the restaurant -- unless the hotel has accidentally missed posting one invalid sign.

I think you're making a huge mountain out of a minuscule molehill. The restaurant clearly doesn't give a rat's ass whether you carry, so go, carry and have a good time.

I think it's a great idea to vote-with-your-dollars for issues you support, but don't get carried away.

Pick a restaurant you like, and know that whether or not it's posted, compliantly or otherwise, it is perfectly legal for you to carry there unless you are asked to leave.

Oh, and happy anniversary!

idonthaveaname wrote:
DeanC: If you can find a way into Manny's that isn't posted please let me know; I'd like to go back but won't if there's a sign (even if it's a Hyatt sign). If there's an entrance that isn't posted by Hyatt and they don't have a sign on their immediate entrance I'll do business with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:06 am 

I've been out of town so I'm a little slow in responding but...

Andrew: As far as I know Hyatt spoke to the management of Manny's and Oceanaire and said "we're going to ban guns here" and the restaurants agreed. At best they haven't concerned themselves enough to complain that Hyatt is imposing a gun ban on them (I know I've dropped one of the "no gun = no money" business cards at Manny's). How is that quote phrased, all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing?

As to one door not being posted: back when I dropped that card with the manager I had walked around looking for a way in that had not been posted by Hyatt, something that would signify that Hyatt was just trying to post their own hotel and that the occupants of the mall area beside it were not in agreement. I did not find any door without a posting. If there is now a door that is no longer posted while Hyatt continues to post that would tell me that the occupants of the mall area put pressure on Hyatt to allow their clientele to carry (we know Hyatt itself has not changed direction). In that situation I absolutely will give my business to Manny's and Oceanaire as they would have pressed their landlord (or someone there did and Manny's/Oceanaire did not independently post) for our rights. This would not be a case of accidentally missing a door as I checked them all. It's possible that a sign may have fallen off but if suddenly the parking ramp entrances are not posted I would guess that the mall occupants said something to get them taken down. I don't see this as a "loophole" or being at all inconsistent any more than I do with my shopping habits at the mall of amerika; I shop at Nordstroms and Sears but will not give business to any of the companies within the mall proper as the mall itself posts but none of the anchor stores do.

Does that make a little more sense?

Anyhow, everyone is obviously free to make their own decisions as to how they treat posted businesses. My take is that I do not give my hard earned money to any business that posts even if the posting is done on an aggregate level by the building owner with the caveat that if only a portion of a multi-tenant location is posted I will boycott only that portion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:11 am 

I ran around and checked a few restaurants last night; it was great to see that every restaurant I checked was NOT posted. I'll add these to the list in the first post as well...

La Belle Vie
D'Amico Cucina
Nicollet Island Inn
Vincent
Murray's
Morton's
Bellanotte

Does anyone know if WA Frost posts? I didn't run across to St. Paul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:53 pm 

RTK and the better half had dinner last night at the Oceanaire. I did not see any signs when we entered but.........I did see one when we departed. Oh well, my bad.

RTK (Who's wife took him downtown for dinner and felt a little bit safer about the whole ordeal)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

Is Ichiban considered high-end? Based on what I payed the other night, it is in my book.

Had a good, entertaining meal with friends anyway.

Not posted.

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:23 pm 

e5: yep, I'd consider Ichiban high end (and one of my favorites as well).

adding to list...

PS 471 MWSS or MPC? (or I suppose you could be an 8411... or out)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:45 am 
Longtime Regular

idonthaveaname wrote:
PS 471 MWSS or MPC? (or I suppose you could be an 8411... or out)

2532 by trade ('90-'94) - Comm Chief for MPC '94-'96 (approximately). Plenty of MP OJT along the way - although not official. And yes, out since '96

Move along, civilians, nothing to see here... :wink:

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:32 pm 
Journeyman Member

With regards to W.A. Frost, the restaurant was not posted the last time I was there, but that was February 14th, 2005. I cannot speak for the current situation, but I will make a call if I get the chance during work tomorrow.

Absolutely wonderful experience, probably the most wonderful dining I have ever had. (It didn't hurt that a man at the next table (Les Cashmere) payed $40 of our tab... WOW...what a night!)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.