Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:04 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 High End Restaurants that Do/Don't Post 
 Post subject: High End Restaurants that Do/Don't Post
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:47 pm 

My aniversary is coming up so I'm trying to find a place to go for dinner that respects the second amendment. Aside from calling every restaurant in town asking whether they post I thought I'd start a thread and get some feedback. So, which fine dining restaurants are you aware of that do/don't post? I'll keep editing this first post so people don't have to read all the way through. (I'm looking for high end restaurants here; not Outback and Olive Garden - see my initial list for the correct ballpark).
Thanks!

Those that DO NOT post:
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
Capital Grille
St. Paul Grill
Bayport Cookery
Kincaid's (Bloomington and St. Paul locations)
Fogo de Chao
Steak and Ale
First Course (South Minneapolis)
The Port at St. James Hotel (Red Wing)
Bella (Blaine)
La Belle Vie
D'Amico Cucina
Nicollet Island Inn
Vincent
Murray's Steakhouse
Morton's Steakhouse
Bellanotte
Ichiban
W.A. Frost

Those that DO post:
Oceanaire *
Manny's Steakhouse *
Monte Carlo Bar and Cafe

* The postings on these two restaurants are actually listed as Hyatt Regency, the hotel which houses the two restaurants. There is some debate as to whether this counts as posting by the restaurant or the landlord. There is no way to enter either restaurant without passing a posted sign though. The author leaves it to the reader to decide whether these restaurants should be patronized.

Last edited by idonthaveaname on Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:07 pm 
Journeyman Member

Kincaid's St. Paul does NOT post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:09 pm 

You're right, forgot about them; Bloomington too. updating my first post now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:13 pm 

I would also recommend Fogo De Chao for that price range... it's an upscale Brazilian Barbecue where the bring the meat out on skewers.

They were not posted when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:20 pm 

Good to know about Fogo; it won't work for aniversary (not really the atmosphere you want for that kind of thing) but it looks like a fun place that I want to hit sometime soon. adding to list...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:38 pm 

Anybody know about these...

D'Amico Cucina (I know D'Amico and Sons recently took down signs; anyone know if the Cucina did too)
La Belle Vie
Nicollet Island Inn
Vincent
W.A. Frost

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

Steak and Ale.....Yummy
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Kinbrae Steakhouse in Kinbrae, MN does not post. It is 2 miles from my house. If is a Friday or Saturday you call ahead for reservations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinbrae,_Minnesota :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:28 pm 

Steak and Ale: I wasn't that impressed with their steak but maybe I hit them on an off night. I like the atmosphere though; lots of little nooks in that place so you don't feel like you're eating with a bunch of strangers - kind of have your own little corner of the world.

Kinbrae Steakhouse: one square mile? (from wiki) big town huh? :D I don't think I'm going to have a chance to get down there to try it so I'll take your word that they are really good (if you tell me it's worth a drive from the cities maybe I'll give it a shot though).

adding to list...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:45 pm 
The Man

First Course, on Chicago in south Minneapolis -- one of my favorite places, and very definitely not posted. If you go, tell Travis -- the owner -- that I said hi.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

One of my former favorite places, the Monte Carlo (dt mpls, off Washington and... 3rd?), WAS posted the last time I was there. :evil:

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:58 pm 

Just took a look at First Course on citysearch; looks very interesting. A couple bad reviews but the vast majority were glowing. adding to list...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:02 pm 

Monte Carlo Bar and Cafe now being added to the evil list...

Post subject: Correction
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:11 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

Oceanaire and Manny's do not post. The Hyatt Hotel does post, however. But wouldn't renting space to restaurants make them a "landlord"?

That's how I view it.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:26 pm 

Manny's/Oceanaire - I walked all around the Hyatt trying to find a door I could enter (specifically because I wanted to go to Manny's) but I couldn't find any way to enter Manny's without passing one of those damn signs. Yes, all the signs say Hyatt but as a result there isn't a door that you can enter either restaurant through that isn't posted. Kind of like the mall of amerika; you can't enter any of the stores without passing a sign that tells me I need to become a defenseless victim (except the anchor stores); in my book that rules out shopping at mall of amerika (again, except for the anchor stores).

Do I need to throw an asterisk next to those two? My feeling is that they should stand up and ask for landlord/leasee protection or they become a part of the problem by refusing to do the right thing; I'm open to debate on the matter though.
Thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.