Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:46 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Tornado Watch; learning/teaching moment 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:05 am 
Longtime Regular

I'd thank them for helping your daughter, but still wouldn't give them my business. Both of you know a child's safety comes before anything else.

What they did was nice, and you expect that from any business owner. but I wouldn't compromise my principals because of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

I would disagree that Joel is compromising his principals by patronizing the store that offered his daughter shelter during a storm. To me, this speaks great volumes about the positive character of Joel. We each have to make our own decision regarding how we repay the kindness of others. Is there any question that the store should have allowed Rachel shelter; of course not. However, that act still deserves repayment and Joel has decided how he will do so.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:51 am 
On time out

I think Joel sold out.

Which is more important? Principle or your Kid? What lesson are you teaching her?

I think unless she saw an actual funnel cloud, you should have told her to sit on the curb in the rain. Teach her to be tough.

.I am just pulling your leg.

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:30 am 
Longtime Regular

Well why not feel that way about every business that is against guns then.?
No business would turn a kid away asking for help.

Heck let's Patronize them all, and remove the section of the forum that we post anti gun business'es in.

. He's still caving in on his "Gun Values" sorta speak.

One can respect a business, but still stand behind your beliefs

Joel is going to give them his money and business, What is the business doing in return? NOTHING. Their signs will still be posted.

Moby Clarke wrote:
I would disagree that Joel is compromising his principals by patronizing the store that offered his daughter shelter during a storm. To me, this speaks great volumes about the positive character of Joel. We each have to make our own decision regarding how we repay the kindness of others. Is there any question that the store should have allowed Rachel shelter; of course not. However, that act still deserves repayment and Joel has decided how he will do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:31 am 
Longtime Regular

The signs are still diehard Metro DFL. But sort of a joke on the posters that still haven't figured it out.

And the signs appparently DO remind people to sign up for classes, so there may be some positive value to having some signs around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:03 pm 

I'm with Joel on this...but I saw first-hand and immediately what this storm did. My car looks like someone took a hammar to it, though the first stuff I saw (was at work), was 55/494/Rockford...that was crazy...the trailers blown over, various injuries, crushed car, and downed lines setting the road on fire. A cup of coffee is a good way to show gratitude. If you REALLY want to be picky, in however long, you've only given them a couple dollars. No big deal IMHO.

Red

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

So, Joel, as you are repaying that single act of kindness, with a single cup of java, maybe you could leave them with this hyperthetical.

Instead of it being your daughter, afraid of the storm, it was a young female permit holder. She comes in, obviously scared of the cats and dogs raining down outside. Approaches the counter and explains her situation. Can I seek refuge from the storm in said java joint, I'm scared, but at this time I'm carrying.................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

If I were a clerk in the store at the time, and the place was posted, I would say, discreetly, to keep it out of sight and I would pull a Sergeant Schultz--"I see nutting, Colonel Hogan! Nutting at all!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

lol That was a great show wasn't it? Just bought the series on dvd :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:37 am 
The Man

Dick Unger wrote:
The signs are still diehard Metro DFL. But sort of a joke on the posters that still haven't figured it out.

And the signs appparently DO remind people to sign up for classes, so there may be some positive value to having some signs around.
The only other positive value I can think of it is one of entertainment.

That said, I think it was both necessary, back in 2003, that we have some sort of posting provision in the MCPPA, in order to get some weak votes, and that this was better than no posting provision, because of the exclusivity part of the language.

Absent that, it could have been argued -- and probably would have -- that any kind of signage could have triggered the regular trespassing provisions of the law. Quite literally, in this "concession", we gave the antis less than nothing.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.