Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 FAQ - What this section is really about 
 Post subject: FAQ - What this section is really about
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:26 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

The Point of the "Posted Victim Disarmament Zone" section.

The whole point behind having this section is not to quibble over schemantics about "proper" or "improper" postings. It is to point out which businesses have gone out of their way to show the permit to carry community that they do not respect your(our) right to self defense.

Give these businesses what they want. Spend your money elsewhere.

If you have the time and patience, please let a posted business know you have been supporting their right to post by spending your money at their competitor(s). Photocopy your reciept and mail it to the posted business with a note politely saying something to the effect of:

"I have honored your wishes of not bringing my legally carried firearm into your place of business, by going to {competitor's name} and spending {"my money" and/or dollar ammount} there. "

If you saved money at the competitor, feel free to thank the 'poster' for his recommendation of another business. Since it was very generous of him to recommend the less expensive option.

If you visited the 'poster's' location frequently in the past, be sure to let him/her know what you have spent there in the past, and that you are happy to give those funds to a business that really wants them. If you have past reciepts, include those as well.

If you have to drive further to visit the competitor, let the 'poster' know that you are O.K. with that. It warms your heart to drive to the competitor, because you are making the 'poster' happy by not bringing in your evil legally carried firearm.

Here is an example of a business card that can easily be handed to a 'poster':

Another site has one card that is Minnesota specific - Link to printable cards - Registration required

{Thread locked - Work in progress - PM me if you have any suggestions regarding this article}

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.