Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Not entirely hypothetical question 
 Post subject: Re: Not entirely hypothetical question
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:27 pm 
The Man

cobb wrote:
SethB wrote:
The BCA ought to investigate, and start with the low-hanging fruit of the worst actual abuses, not stupid questions that lead to someone being told not to do something wrong and not doing it.

Yes, exactly!

Hey, as long as they, sooner than later, start doing their job, they can start with folks other than Scott Olson. I've got a few suggestions, in fact . . .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:33 pm 
The Man

Blued Steel wrote:
[BS, in several senses, deleted. Take it to the day care site. That's what it's for. JR]

Okay, you win: you're Rule Zeroed out of here. Bye.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:49 pm 
The Man

White Horseradish wrote:
Regardless, I would be inclined to take this as bad ad copy rather than evil intent. Fairly large numbers of people can't write to save their lives. It's not a crime, however pathetic it is. Now, if the owner of that ad was told of the mistake and refused to correct it, that would be a different story.

One of the fellows who at least arguably owned the ad was told about the "mistake." (Shade put up the ad for the, err, "seminar" that he and Penaz and Martin and Paul Blincow had scheduled. I believe that much of the copy was repeated on Michael Martin's website. )

How do I know he was told? I told him.

It was Paul Blincow, of course, who I told, shortly after I saw the ad.

The "seminar" was subsequently canceled. I'd like to think that it was because Paul wouldn't go along with such shady practices, but, for whatever reason, he's refused to answer more than one person's inquiry as to why the "seminar" was canceled, so I simply don't know. I guess you could ask him, if you're interested.

As to not being able to write ad copy, one of the folks running the "seminar" was Michael Martin, who can write kinda okay copy -- as I told him when I congratulated him for the writing he was doing for Penaz, which much improved Penaz's ranting.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.