Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Why? 
 Post subject: Why?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:16 pm 
The Man

I know I was pretty specific and sounded very strict on the rules, above. I've got some reasons.

I'd like to make a listing of certified instructor organizations, and a discussion of certified instructor organizations, available to the members of the Forum. What I don't want is the sort of thing that "Ardent Observer" got himself banned for -- repeated slagging of other organizations supposedly on behalf of an organization that he certainly couldn't have represented well.

And, as somebody who reports about this sort of stuff, I want the facts to be right. That's why I want only organizations that have been certified -- not organizations who truly, honestly, and accurately believe that they will be certified next month, next week, or even in a couple of hours -- to list themselves here.

And I very much don't want to get into "my organization is better than your organization" arguments here. That gives an unfair advantage (yes, I said advantage) to nice, competent people like Tom, who is far too modest to engage in such.

I'm certainly not going to discourage open and honest discussion of different instructor styles, and techniques. In fact, I'm going to continue to encourage that, although not in this particular topic. I think an open, honest, and sometimes even a little bit heated discussion of such things is good. Jerry and Tom and I had that sort of discussion -- except for the heated part -- just last Saturday, and I've had lots of those sorts of discussions with Sue and Roger and Donnie, and others, and I've learned a lot from them.

Over to you. At present, as I said, I know of only one certified organization: IFIA. That organization, and any other certified organizations, are not only free to post a listing here, but are invited to do so.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:48 pm 
Delicate Flower

IFIA Who??? Seriously, even though I received verbal confirmation, I believe there will also be a written confirmation of some sort. This I have not seen yet. I suspect there is quite a stack on who-evers desk for review. I hope that they are taken in the order they were received.

I had a distinct advantage of being pretty much done when the final standards came out, that and being 5 miles from the DPS office. Besides when you hand deliver you know it got there.

I will assist anybody if I can..... if you missed it, I did post the format of what I submitted here on the forum. Also I have talked to people and tried to help with their packages. I am not in it for the $....I envision certifying a small group of instructors @ minimal cost. The same mindset as Matt/Andrew. PM me if I can help you out.

Tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:55 pm 
Delicate Flower

Should have read the announcement first. Sorry Joel. My comments above were general in nature regarding the process. Edit them out if you like.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:58 pm 
The Man

ttousi wrote:
Should have read the announcement first. Sorry Joel. My comments above were general in nature regarding the process. Edit them out if you like.
Nah. You didn't do or say anything wrong, and you certainly can discuss the process here, both specifically and generally.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:01 pm 
The Man

ttousi wrote:
Seriously, even though I received verbal confirmation, I believe there will also be a written confirmation of some sort.
I don't doubt that you will; I just don't see any need for somebody to wait to receive a written confirmation before they announce that they've been approved.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.