Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 What days do you have the best class attendance? 
 Post subject: What days do you have the best class attendance?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:18 pm 
1911 tainted

I have always done my permit to carry classes on Saturday, sometimes it's good, sometimes it isn't so good in attendance.
I have seen some classes offered on Sunday and was wondering if this was done because it work out better than Saturday for their students, or what?

So if you do classes on days other than Saturday, what is the reasoning for this?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:23 pm 
Forum Moderator

For me, no contest. Saturday is better attended than Sunday. Although, non-carry classes (novice type classes) don't seem as affected. But Saturday works best for the carry class...for me anyway.

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:59 pm 
Delicate Flower

Saturday with out a doubt :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:17 pm 
1911 tainted

The reason I am asking is that I am running into some conflicts with getting range time on Saturdays in March and some in April. So I was thinking of taking the easy way out and do a class on a Sunday in March and maybe April, but don't want to do it if this will discourage some students.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

For me, the students are in charge: I always ask my waiting list what days they prefer.

For some reason, it's been Sundays for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

I dunno, I would have preferred seeing a half day course for two days. All day courses take their toll on me. Of course, very few, if any, offer that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:32 pm 
1911 tainted

BigRobT wrote:
I dunno, I would have preferred seeing a half day course for two days. All day courses take their toll on me. Of course, very few, if any, offer that.

I have looked at an evening class, but it would have to be 2 evenings for the class and then a third day for the range. I don't have access to an indoor range, so mother nature has some bearing on how I schedule. I was thinking of trying a 3 evening course when the days get longer, something like classroom on Monday and Wednesday, range on Friday at dusk. I am just afraid that my work would screw things up during the week, just ask Andrew how hard it was for me to get to MADFI Instructor certification during the week.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:22 pm 
Delicate Flower

Rick it's obviously your job that is getting in the way.......as I see it you need to get rid of the job :P

Seriously though....we used to do classroom on Sat. and range from 10-noon on Sunday. No problem for range time at that hour. Found most people wanted the one day version, even though it makes for a long one.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:40 pm 
1911 tainted

ttousi wrote:
Rick it's obviously your job that is getting in the way.......as I see it you need to get rid of the job :P

But Tom, if I would have made it to one of Andrew's earlier classes, you wouldn't of had the privilege and honor of meeting me! :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:55 am 

Saturdays seem to be the most popular. I'll schedule a Sunday or weekday class if there's enough interest, yet there rarely is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:26 pm 
The Man

Saturday's definitely the best-attended day, although I do try to make a point to schedule a Sunday class fairly frequently -- both for the Orthodox, who can't do it on Saturday, and because there are folks who find Sunday more convenient, because of work, family, or whatever.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:26 pm 
Delicate Flower

cobb wrote:
ttousi wrote:

But Tom, if I would have made it to one of Andrew's earlier classes, you wouldn't of had the privilege and honor of meeting me! :wink:

True......which one were you again ??? :? :? :P :P :P

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Sundays
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:05 am 

Do to conflicts with scheduling the lodge (the range is never a problem) I always run my clasees on Sundays. I have asked students what they would prefer and the majority tend to tell me Sundays work better. When the weather is nice I don't think people like to give up their Saturdays for things like pesky training classes. lol

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.