Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 CCW Breakfast - Saturday, May 13 - 10am - Top Diner 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'd like to lobby for a different location. I wasn't thrilled with the other folks there. Glad to keep it on the Northside. Emily's maybe (44th & Penn)?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

My wife and I missed the last meeting so we have no comment. Except I don't think we want to go to that place were 2 people were shot on penn as I remember they post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:49 am 
Longtime Regular

The Penn Best Steakhouse was/is a couple miles south of Emily's. I think it was Lowry & Penn. I don't even know if they are in business anymore or if they ever served breakfast.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:11 am 

DeanC wrote:
The Penn Best Steakhouse was/is a couple miles south of Emily's. I think it was Lowry & Penn. I don't even know if they are in business anymore or if they ever served breakfast.

Closed.

My Homebrew journal http://brew.goalie.cx

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:30 am 

Jeff Boucher-Zamzo wrote:
Are their plans for a May Breakfast in the works yet? I wasn't able to hit the last one, but i'm hoping to make it out for the next one. I figured if you guys follow the pattern it would be on the 13th, correct?

I mention it just so you can get some advanced notice out. ;)

That would be correct. The next CCW Breakfast will be on May 13th. As it turns out, I have a conflict on the second Saturday every month for the rest of the summer with my scooter group. But Steve - KA0OLD has agreed to take the reigns and host the breakfasts, and I'll be there when I can.

I have no objection to a change in venue. I'm not familiar with the place Dean mentioned, but if the consensus is we should move, I don't see a problem. Please post your ideas!

Thanks!!

TomK
N Mpls, MN

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

Whatever happened to the talk about having it in different places ?? I kind of liked that idea. That way some people could make a few, especially with gas as expensive as it is.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject: Change of Venue
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:54 am 

Steve has been trying to call Emily's to make some arrangements but they aren't answering the phone. Does anyone know if they're actually open and in business? Dean??

TomK
N Mpls, MN

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hmmm... they were open last time I went by there. It was just a suggestion so it's no biggie if it doesn't work out.

I could drive by on the way home and see if they are still open.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.