Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:06 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Last Chance Tactical/Carry Depot 
 Post subject: Last Chance Tactical/Carry Depot
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:52 pm 
First-time poster

Hi everybody,

I'm sure that many of you know Jerry at the Carry Depot (www.carrydepot.com) and may or may not have participated in his Last Chance Tactical events in the past. For those that haven't, you may never get the chance.

My wife and I stopped into his shop last weekend and had a nice time visiting with Jerry and Pam (also picked up a G22 and G19 at VERY reasonable prices!), and he mentioned that the LCT may not be held this year, due to cost increases for insurance, and the fact that a few volunteers had to run all of the stations and did not get a fair opportunity to shoot. He may have to raise the price from $35 or so to over $50 just to break even. I, for one, would be willing to pay the added premium, but Jerry has really not had much response from his previous attendees to see if it is worth carrying on with the event.

My wife and I attended for the first time last summer, and were welcomed as old friends. It was a great, family friendly, experience, low pressure- just fun shooting and fellowship with like-minded people. In fact, my wife was so comfortable, she went to an event without me! For a short 2 hour drive to the rural Alexandria area, you will get lots of fun shooting at tactical-type targets...It's a super fun day!

I'd hate to see this go away. Please, if you are interesed or attended in the past, let Jerry know. If you are willing to spend and hour or two running one of the stations, whatever. I intend to cross post this on some other forums, please feel free to do the same.

I'm no expert, but happy to chat or answer questions to my limited ability...clintf (at) rticorp (dot) com.

ps- His prices are outstanding, and has wide array of holsters and guns. I encourage you all to give him a call or email before your next purchase!
pps- I don't work for him!

Clint Forberg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:32 pm 

Let us know when it will be, we should be able to rally a few volunteers. 2 cents, take a look at the schedules of the local IDPA, etc leagues to find a date with minimal conflicts. I think I missed the last one due to such a conflict.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.