Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:38 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Open Carry Picnic up-date 
 Post subject: Open Carry Picnic up-date
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:52 pm 

An update for all.

WOW what can I say, it was a huge success.
We had 385 people sign the guest book, some admittedly didn’t sign it.
This doesn’t include the organizers or staff, so I feel comfortable saying over 400 were in attendance.

Here are a couple of links to the media coverage.

http://www.leadertelegram.com/story-new ... KVGE1UT0J4
fixed: http://www.leadertelegram.com/story-ros.asp?id=BKS7JU5R0B2

http://www.wqow.com/global/video/flash/ ... nd=9051024
fixed: WQOW LONG LINK :-)

I was SO PROUD of my 7 year old Grandson, he led us in the Pledge of Allegiance.

The trumpet player who played the National Anthem is the son of friends of ours,
this young man is an Eagle Scout, a member of the Civil Air Patrol, and an Army ROTC Cadet.
I wish the media would make mention of fine young men and women like him, they are the future of our Great Nation

I cannot thank everyone enough, those that helped, and those that help spread the word, it wouldn’t have happened without you.

In the last days just before the picnic, we were concerned by the great responses that we wouldn’t have enough food so we upped the ante and stocked up for close to 600 people.
For those whom attended and were part of the generous donations your donations were shared with the less fortunate.
The extra food we got to cover our last minute “panic” didn’t go to waste; the extra food was distributed to 3 locations, Glenhaven; a local nursing home here in Glenwood City; Impact Recovery, a drug and alcohol recovery facility in Baldwin Wisc., and to Grace Place a battered women’s shelter in Somerset Wisc.

As well as we planned this we had 1 minor oversight: Pictures
Everyone had an assigned task, and everyone executed their duties flawlessly. I just completely forgot to think of pictures so…………………

Anyone that attended that was brighter than me and remembered to take pictures, could you please share them with us.

Post subject: Re: Open Carry Picnic up-date
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

Will someone please fix the links?

Thanks!

LEADER-TELEGRAM STORY HERE

WQOW VIDEO HERE

edited to add links

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.