Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Open Carry Picnic, Hudson, Wisc. 1 - 4 PM October 17th!! 
 Post subject: Open Carry Picnic, Hudson, Wisc. 1 - 4 PM October 17th!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:01 pm 

This one is close enough for a lot of us to make. The one in Glenwood City drew about 380 people. I'll be there for sure.

And FWIW, this is what American Freedom and the 2nd Amendment look like for real:

From Dave "Ole" Olson:

Its official now: it will be a combined event, Open Carry gathering and a Tea Party.

This will be from 1:00 to 4:00 at the Lake Front Park in Hudson Wi. Rain or shine.

We are billing this as an Open Carry Tea Party for the purpose of dispelling the hysteria created by the drive-by media about citizens recently showing up at Town hall meeting armed.

We are of the belief that the Founding Fathers attended the meetings that created this great nation with their muskets in hand.

And, if it was good enough for them it’s good enough for us.

Here is a recap of the Glenwood City Open Carry Picnic:

WOW what can I say, it was a huge success.

We had 385 people sign the guest book, some admittedly didn’t sign it.

This doesn’t include the organizers or staff, so I feel comfortable saying over 400 were in attendance.

Here are a couple of links to the media coverage.

http://www.leadertelegram.com/story-new ... KVGE1UT0J4

http://www.wqow.com/global/video/flash/ ... nd=9051024

I was SO PROUD of my 7 year old Grandson, he led us in the Pledge of Allegiance.

The trumpet player who played the National Anthem is the son of friends of ours,

this young man is an Eagle Scout, a member of the Civil Air Patrol, and an Army ROTC Cadet.

I wish the media would make mention of fine young men and women like him, they are the future of our Great Nation

I cannot thank everyone enough, those that helped, and those that help spread the word, it wouldn’t have happened without you.

In the last days just before the picnic, we were concerned by the great responses that we wouldn’t have enough food so we upped the ante and stocked up for close to 600 people.

For those whom attended and were part of the generous donations your donations were shared with the less fortunate.

The extra food we got to cover our last minute “panic” didn’t go to waste; the extra food was distributed to 3 locations, Glenhaven; a local nursing home here in Glenwood City; Impact Recovery, a drug and alcohol recovery facility in Baldwin Wisc., and to Grace Place a battered women’s shelter in Somerset Wisc.

Post subject: Re: Open Carry Picnic, Hudson, Wisc. 1 - 4 PM October 17th!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:59 pm 

I have marked my calendar.....

Post subject: Re: Open Carry Picnic, Hudson, Wisc. 1 - 4 PM October 17th!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:04 pm 

The wife and I will plan to make this one.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.