Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:45 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Ramsey County Sheriff's office holding "Safety Shoot" at ran 
 Post subject: Ramsey County Sheriff's office holding "Safety Shoot" at ran
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:31 am 
Wise Elder

I received this announcement from Ramsey County Sheriff Bob Fletcher.

Quote:
Attention Ramsey County Permit to Carry Holders:

Earlier this year, I met with representatives of Ramsey County permit to carry holders to discuss future shooting opportunities at the Sheriff’s Department Target Range. Based on those discussions, we are pleased to announce upcoming range opportunities.

You are invited to a tour and Shoot at the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office indoor target range. This event will be conducted Saturday, October 16; Sunday, October 17; Saturday, November 20; and Sunday, November 21, 2010.

This event will be a structured shoot supervised by certified firearms instructors and additional volunteer Ramsey County deputies. You will have a chance to compete against the Sheriff’s management team. Each person who outscores our shooter will receive an “I Out-Shot the Sheriff” certificate.

Each participant will shoot 50 rounds of their own ammunition over a 40-minute session. This year, the rounds will be fired at two 25-round targets at distances of 5 to 25 yards.

You may bring one guest to accompany you and observe the exercise from our control room. (Sorry, the shooting is for Ramsey County permit holders only.) In addition to the range session, participants will receive a mini-tour of the Ramsey County Law Enforcement Center. A member of our SWAT will give a short presentation.

The cost to participate is $25 per permit holder. If you are interested in participating, please call Angie Steenberg at 651-266-9308 (beginning Monday October 4th) to schedule range time in October or November. Spots are likely to fill up fast as last year’s participants enjoyed the shooting experience and have asked us to notify them when another opportunity is available.

Following the shoot, representatives from the Ramsey County School Safety Patrol Foundation will distribute information regarding the importance of school patrols for children in our community. The School Safety Patrol Foundation equips, trains and recognizes the school safety patrols in suburban Ramsey County. They provide the vests and flags used by nearly 2000 students. The Foundation also recognizes the students twice a year with an indoor roller skating party in December and a patrol picnic at Aldrich Arena in May of each year. Most importantly this program protects thousands of children as they come and go from school. These activities and equipment needs are funded entirely from donations. Their website can be found at http://rcsspf.org.

Thank you for your time and your interest in gun safety. See you on the line.

Bob Fletcher

Ramsey County Sheriff

See the RCSO web page for further information. http://www.co.ramsey.mn.us/sheriff/

Post subject: Re: Ramsey County Sheriff's office holding "Safety Shoot" at ran
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:18 pm 
The Man

Thanks for posting that. I'll have a few comments momentarily, I'm sure.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hmmm. I did not receive an invitation … yet. Possibly it is because the fine sheriff has connected my board name to my real name and is unhappy with me. Possibly it is because he is not sending out a blanket invitation to all permit holders in Ramsey County as he did last year using a mailing list he is not supposed to have nor maintain. Possibly it is because he believes I still might be waiting for the permit to arrive: After all, it took over 30 days to reach me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:29 pm 
The Man

Bob 'Not Under Indictment' Fletcher wrote:

Earlier this year, I met with representatives of Ramsey County permit to carry holders
Well, no. He met with three individuals -- Joe Olson, Paul Blincow, and Lonn Haas -- who made it clear that they were meeting with him as three individuals, not as representatives of anybody or any thing. Fletcher is misrepresenting the facts.
Quote:
to discuss future shooting opportunities at the Sheriff’s Department Target Range. Based on those discussions, we
Bob, you're not the pope, or an editor -- do you have a tapeworm?
Quote:
are pleased to announce upcoming range opportunities.

You are invited to a tour and Shoot at the Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office indoor target range. This event will be conducted Saturday, October 16; Sunday, October 17;
Shortly before the election.
Quote:
Saturday, November 20; and Sunday, November 21, 2010.
If Bob loses the election, what do you think that the chances of those sessions happening are? Slim? Or none?
Quote:

This event will be a structured shoot supervised by certified firearms instructors
Be specific, Bob. When you say "certified firearms instructors" are you talking about respected ones, like Joe Olson or Andrew Rothman? Or are you talking about, say, Joe Penaz, Gary Shade, Scott D. Olson of "Stayin' Alive" -- you know: the guy who didn't know whether or not it was okay to issue an undated certificate to an underaged girl, or the like?
Quote:
and additional volunteer Ramsey County deputies.
How are you using this word, "voluntary"? Is it like the deputies who "voluntarily," on county time, planted your unlawful law signs, Bob? Inquiring minds would like to know.
Quote:
You will have a chance to compete against the Sheriff’s management team. Each person who outscores our shooter will receive an “I Out-Shot the Sheriff” certificate.

Each participant will shoot 50 rounds of their own ammunition over a 40-minute session. This year, the rounds will be fired at two 25-round targets at distances of 5 to 25 yards.

You may bring one guest to accompany you and observe the exercise from our control room. (Sorry, the shooting is for Ramsey County permit holders only.)
I see... couldn't allow peons from other counties to use "your" facility, so close to a closely-contested election, eh, Bob?
Quote:
In addition to the range session, participants will receive a mini-tour of the Ramsey County Law Enforcement Center. A member of our SWAT will give a short presentation.

The cost to participate is $25 per permit holder. If you are interested in participating, please call Angie Steenberg at 651-266-9308 (beginning Monday October 4th) to schedule range time in October or November. Spots are likely to fill up fast as last year’s participants enjoyed the shooting experience and have asked us to notify them when another opportunity is available.
And if this event falls flat -- as you can't use the carry permit holders mailing list, this time, it not only being illegal but having been ruled illegal -- who are you going to blame for its failure? Not yourself, Bob; that's not your style.
Quote:

Following the shoot, representatives from the Ramsey County School Safety Patrol Foundation will distribute information regarding the importance of school patrols for children in our community. The School Safety Patrol Foundation equips, trains and recognizes the school safety patrols in suburban Ramsey County. They provide the vests and flags used by nearly 2000 students. The Foundation also recognizes the students twice a year with an indoor roller skating party in December and a patrol picnic at Aldrich Arena in May of each year. Most importantly this program protects thousands of children as they come and go from school. These activities and equipment needs are funded entirely from donations. Their website can be found at http://rcsspf.org.

Thank you for your time and your interest in gun safety. See you on the line.

Bob Fletcher

Ramsey County Sheriff
Are you paying for this campaign event out of your campaign fund, Bob?

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.