Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:39 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Sheriff Charging for processing out of state permit apps 
 Post subject: Sheriff Charging for processing out of state permit apps
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:04 pm 

I don't know why they are doing this but my Sheriff office decided to start charging my students $40 for them to fill out the 3 lines on the North Dakota permit app that needs to be completed by the local sheriff for the county which you live in. I must have done something to piss them off ( it might have something to do with the letter I sent to the county attorney and count administrator regarding the very illegal signs banning guns the county has posted on their office buildings and how they need to take them down right away or they might be subject to suit).

They are already charging $100 to process the MN permit so why are they putting my students through double jeopardy on fees??? This is absolutely B.S.

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:16 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

While the fee seems greedy. It isn't 'double jeopardy', 1. it's for a seperate state's permit (our laws do not apply), 2. you are probably paying for his time.

Is the ND requirement for police chiefs to sign off on the application still in effect? I recently went to the ND page and I didn't see it. I thought it was there at one time.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.