Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:21 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Florida carry permit and fingerprinting 
 Post subject: Florida carry permit and fingerprinting
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:27 pm 

In the process of applying for my Florida carry permit. Got the packet in the mail today. I have been electronically fingerprinted a few years back due to the fact that I carry a cdl license with a haz mat endorsement. My question would be can I go back to the place where I was electronically fingerprinted and have them forward my prints to the state of Florida, or can the local sheriffs office do this? Or do I need to pay the fee over again for obtaining the permit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

It depends. If the place that printed you keeps them, them might resend them for you. Just ask them.

I know that my local PD does prints electronically and claims they do not keep them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

I can tell you that many of the electronic scanning machines have a buffer. Ours go 1000 records back.

We won't print an old copy for you. We'll make you do a new set. We want the freshest set we can get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

Remember - Florida wants your fingerprints printed on their form.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

jdege wrote:

I've never seen Florida's form, but I can tell you that EVERY non-criminal fingerprint I've ever done has been on the standard FBI APPLICANT formatted card.

All the boxes are the same. We just put it in our printer and it works fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

tman065 wrote:
jdege wrote:

I've never seen Florida's form, but I can tell you that EVERY non-criminal fingerprint I've ever done has been on the standard FBI APPLICANT formatted card.

All the boxes are the same. We just put it in our printer and it works fine.

I've seen Florida's form, and it is the standard FBI form with Florida-specific information overprinted on it. The instructions that come with the packet say that they will accept only applications with fingerprints on their form.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:33 am 

I don't have an application packet with me right now but if memory servers correctly, they want fingerprints taken within the last 30 or 90 days. You might want to read the whole fingerprint instruction section. Hank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:15 pm 
Journeyman Member

cant believe people go long with the fingerprint thing.....

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.” — Patrick Henry
www.mises.org
www.ij.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

xd9fan wrote:

No shit, it makes one feel like a criminal.

Not to mention...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:10 pm 
Wise Elder

The Roseville PD does fingerprinting for anyone. They are located at Lexington and County Road C.

Tuesday thru Friday
8 am until 4 pm

$15 per card.

Call 651-792-7008 to schedule appointment.

Last edited by kimberman on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:22 am 
Poet Laureate

xd9fan wrote:

Go along?
LOL!!
They PAY for it!!

I've gotta figure out how to run a system like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:30 pm 

You have to submit finger prints to get the FL permit? That's BS. Is there another state that will give you the same additional states that doesn't require finger prints? I would rather not give up my prints. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

Both FL and UT permits, the best ones for lots of states, serve as a substitute for a NICS check in their home states. Because of that, federal rules require photos and fingerprints.

It doesn't do us any good as out-of-staters, but that's the reason.

While the shall-issue law in Minnesota was being crafted, it was decided NOT to make the permit serve as a substitute for the NICS check, because of the invasive nature of the fingerprinting and such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:33 pm 
Journeyman Member

I received my FL packet, and, following the instructions, I printed my info (eye color, hair color, etc.) on the supplied card.

Because I am not a criminal, I didn't know that the MGPD printer would also print the information on the card, right over my writing. Made it pretty darn near illegible (it can be read, but probably not OCRd). I asked the cop if I could have another form to send with, and all was well, *except* the ORI field did not show the Florida agency. I sent both anyway, and a handwritten letter explaining what happened.

I still haven't received the permit yet, so I don't know if there will be a problem.

The reason I did it is because (a) the instructions said to, and (b) I figured it would be better to have it filled out so he (the cop) wouldn't have to wait.

If you apply for a Florida permit, DON'T pre-fill the fingerprint card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:49 pm 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Both FL and UT permits, the best ones for lots of states, serve as a substitute for a NICS check in their home states. Because of that, federal rules require photos and fingerprints.

It doesn't do us any good as out-of-staters, but that's the reason.

While the shall-issue law in Minnesota was being crafted, it was decided NOT to make the permit serve as a substitute for the NICS check, because of the invasive nature of the fingerprinting and such.

So, that means if you want to apply for the "most states" permit, you will have to forego your prints and photos? What a drag.

Which one (FL or UT) is the best and/or easiest to get or basically the same thing just different state? (Sorry for the breif hijack). :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.