Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:21 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Mesabi Daily News article 
 Post subject: Mesabi Daily News article
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

A decent story from the Mesabi Daily News. A local paper from Virginia, MN. Talks about how rediculous gun bans are and the such.
http://www.virginiamn.com/articles/2009/01/12/your_views/doc496975030d18d351484967.txt

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:37 am 
Longtime Regular

Quoted for Prosperity:

Quote:
Gun bans just don't work
Published: Saturday, January 10, 2009 10:43 PM CST
The FBI released the crime rate statistics for 2007 and the results put violent crime and murder at their lowest level in 40 years.

Why this trend downward? It is because of gun owners who demanded the laws be changed. States passing conceal carry laws and the expiration of the assault weapons ban have armed citizens doing their part to stop crime.

Of course this is bad news for gun haters, but their cause is exposed to be a pack of lies. There was never any need to ban any type of firearm, because the so called assault weapons ban did nothing to curb crime. These guns are used in less than 1 percent of crimes. The popular colt AR-15 uses a 223 Remington Cartridge which is far less powerful than all rifles used for large game hunting.

It is a plinking toy for target practice because the ammunition is relatively cheap.

I am opposed to any attempt for a renewal of this failed ban, so many people use pistols for conceal carry that hold more than 10 rounds and every shot counts in an ambush.

A gun is a gun, the AK-47, 9MM Uzi or Tec 9, 45 Thompson, and M-1 are all the weapons you wished you had for home defense and collectability. All these guns are semi-automatic, the only full-auto machine guns you can purchase are from private sellers who for a high price can transfer legal ownership registration into your name.

The only murder ever committed with a legally owned machine gun was done by a defrocked police officer.

Obviously the goal is to eliminate gun crimes, but gun control is a fraud.

The updated background check which not only prohibits convicted felons from buying a gun, it also bans sale to people with mental illness and works well.

Gun bans have only led to crime rate increases.

What must be done is not prohibition or any type of weapon but to change the law making armed robbery a capital crime meriting the death penalty.

You eliminate crime by imposing Draconian sentences on gang bangers and punks, not penalizing gun owners who love their constitutional right to have any gun even equal to what the military uses.

Robert Stanford

Britt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:09 am 
Eagle-eyed watcher of legislation

Quote:
The popular colt AR-15 uses a 223 Remington Cartridge which is far less powerful than all rifles used for large game hunting.

It is a plinking toy for target practice because the ammunition is relatively cheap.

I gotta find where he is buying .223! At $400-$500/1000 it's one of the most expensive military rounds I buy.

Rest of the article is right on tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:40 pm 

Mosin wrote:
I gotta find where he is buying .223! At $400-$500/1000 it's one of the most expensive military rounds I buy.

What are you shooting? Check out ammunitiontogo.com. Even the good stuff isn't that expensive, and the Russian new-manufacture is well under $300.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:01 pm 
Eagle-eyed watcher of legislation

That's more like it 1000 for $255. I'll have to see how the ARs like it for plinking.

I have no problem running the cheap stuff through the Russian riffles but have been particular with the ARs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.