Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:32 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Im glad I carry 
 Post subject: Im glad I carry
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:47 am 
Longtime Regular

Last night around 9:30 or so my wife and I were driving home past some bars and I heard a huge "crunch" ahead of me. About three cars up a nice looking lady in her late 20's broad sided some guy's car. So I got out, made sure everyone was ok, and offered to call the police. While we were waiting it was getting cold, so my wife invited the girl into our car to stay warm. About then a bar owner came out to make sure everyone was alright and told the guy and me that the girl that caused the accident was just kicked out of the bar a couple minutes ago. Apparently she was soliciting sex for drugs, and he asked her to leave. (Great, Ive got a drugged out prostitute in my back seat!)

Now, for the reason im glad I carry. About a half hour has gone by since I called the St. Paul police. So I call again. The response, "Yes sir, all of the officers are busy, we are just dispatching a unit now." I couldn't believe it!!! So about 10-15mins later one shows up.

If something would have happened, the police were 45mins away! That is insane. We have to be able to protect ourselfs because after last night, I know that no one else will be there to do the job.

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject: Re: Im glad I carry
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 am 
Longtime Regular

PocketProtector642 wrote:
Last night around 9:30 or so my wife and I were driving home past some bars and I heard a huge "crunch" ahead of me. About three cars up a nice looking lady in her late 20's broad sided some guy's car. So I got out, made sure everyone was ok, and offered to call the police. While we were waiting it was getting cold, so my wife invited the girl into our car to stay warm. About then a bar owner came out to make sure everyone was alright and told the guy and me that the girl that caused the accident was just kicked out of the bar a couple minutes ago. Apparently she was soliciting sex for drugs, and he asked her to leave. (Great, Ive got a drugged out prostitute in my back seat!)

Now, for the reason im glad I carry. About a half hour has gone by since I called the St. Paul police. So I call again. The response, "Yes sir, all of the officers are busy, we are just dispatching a unit now." I couldn't believe it!!! So about 10-15mins later one shows up.

If something would have happened, the police were 45mins away! That is insane. We have to be able to protect ourselfs because after last night, I know that no one else will be there to do the job.

It's been said; Always Carry Your Gun. 8)

Glad it all turned out ok, now go get some lysol for your back seat.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

I"m not disputing your appreciation for your permit, but traffic accidents aren't the highest priority if nobody is hurt.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

Your example is why my wife started carrying. Keep carrying and good job.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

I don't see where you were under any type of threating circumstances. She's sitting in your car, behaving by what you said
What am I missing?? What difference did carrying your gun make?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:20 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Peace of mind Jim... Peace of mind...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:20 pm 
Journeyman Member

I don't see where you were under any type of threating circumstances. She's sitting in your car, behaving by what you said

I gathered he was talking about response time; but he's far more charitable than I would have been about having someone in my car. Nice thing to do, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:
Your example is why my wife started carrying. Keep carrying and good job.

Your wife also picked up a drugged-out hooker after she was in a car accident?!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:18 pm 

Quote:
drugged-out hooker

"Medicated Professional"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:25 pm 
The Man

J. R. wrote:
Quote:
drugged-out hooker

"Medicated Professional"
Sex-industry worker with undocumented pharmaceutical preferences.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:17 pm 

JimC wrote:

I would be glad I had a sidearm in that situation too. PP642 was involved in a situation where he was doing a neighborly service by allowing someone involved in an accident to sit in his car. Since he's not psychic, he had no way of knowing the near past history of the person in his car. Who knows who may have been looking for that woman, whom she had perhaps wronged or her mental state. Seemingly innocuous situations are not always what they seem and he may well have ended up in a situation that he neither asked for nor could have anticipated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
J. R. wrote:
Quote:
drugged-out hooker

"Medicated Professional"
Sex-industry worker with undocumented pharmaceutical preferences.

"Victim of a male-dominated, chemically oppressed society."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Fiasco wrote:
JimC wrote:

I would be glad I had a sidearm in that situation too. PP642 was involved in a situation where he was doing a neighborly service by allowing someone involved in an accident to sit in his car. Since he's not psychic, he had no way of knowing the near past history of the person in his car. Who knows who may have been looking for that woman, whom she had perhaps wronged or her mental state. Seemingly innocuous situations are not always what they seem and he may well have ended up in a situation that he neither asked for nor could have anticipated.

+1. You are correct.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:16 am 
The Man

And another thought: while I'm not supportive of somebody being a drugged-out hooker, honest, helping a fellow human not freeze to death after an auto accident is a good thing, even if she happens to be a drugged-out hooker. Really.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:27 am 
Longtime Regular

JimC wrote:

Who knows what kind of drugs she was on? I've personally seen people go from passively watching the surrounding parade of life to batshit trapped animal crazy in less than half a second when things took a turn. If the hooker saw the cops showing up and saw that as a threat, she might turn violent.

Lots of people know this happens; just ask a couple of the Sheriff's Deputys up in Kanabec county, or any ohter area where meth has taken hold. One second you can be having a normal conversation, the next you're struggling in a fight for your life.

Carry often, carry everywhere. You never know when it may be your only lifeline.

Also, kudos for giving aid to a disadvantaged person, no matter what their position in life. One thing I would highly reccomend, though, would be to search the area your invited guest occupied in your car and search it thoroghly...

...If she feared a search or any kind of apprehension from the cops, or a bust for having any drugs/paraphenilia she may have used that 45 minute wait (I'm assuming she knew the cops were on their way?) to stash any ammount of "goodies" between your seats.

In truth, I'd be paranoid as hell about sitting back there unless I could know for sure the seats were needle-free.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.