Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:44 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 An UNloaded handgun! 
 Post subject: An UNloaded handgun!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:27 pm 
Wise Elder

Bet she won't do that again!

Quote:
Suspect arrested in Roseville slashing
By John Brewer
jbrewer@pioneerpress.com
Updated: 01/22/2009 05:42:55 PM CST

A man accused of slashing a woman's throat in Roseville last week was apprehended early this morning during a traffic stop in St. Paul.

Timothy Wayne Jameson, 33, is suspected of barging into an apartment Jan. 12 and then cutting the throat of a woman inside with an 8-inch knife as she tried to defend herself with an unloaded handgun.

Jameson and an accomplice took another woman in the apartment hostage and fled the scene. Jameson was on the run until 1 a.m. today, when law enforcement caught up to him during a traffic stop near Como Avenue and Minnesota 280.

The Ramsey County Attorney's Office has charged Jameson with one count of second-degree assault and one count of first-degree burglary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:14 pm 
Journeyman Member

I hadn't heard about this - thanks for posting it. Have to share it with the wife. Have gone back and forth over this issue for years with her as to why loaded and securely accessible is the only way to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:58 pm 
Wise Elder

Yes. If you NEED a gun, you need it "right fucking now!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:03 pm 

That's a crazy story. I wonder why the gun was unloaded? You would be better off keeping a knife or mace handy. WTF are these people thinking? I have always liked the saying, if you pull your gun you better be prepaired to use it. If it has no use, why pull it.. :lol: Tragic none the less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

Boy that could have turned out better with a "bang" not the loudest sound "click" :shock: :roll: :roll:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:42 am 
Longtime Regular

Derwood98 wrote:
That's a crazy story. I wonder why the gun was unloaded? You would be better off keeping a knife or mace handy. WTF are these people thinking?

My wife doesn't like the idea of a loaded gun in the house (handgun or shotgun). :?

Currently, we live along side a major MN highway and this bothers me, so I keep 2 loaded guns in the house at all times.

We used to live out in the middle of nowhere (the kids had grown and moved out, so she was there alone with the dogs), and one snowy winter night, some dumbass put his Jeep in the ditch just down the road from our house (I was driving truck over the road at the time).

The wife heard the dogs barking and got up to investigate. Seems that the dipshit decided that he 'needed' to use my phone and decided that there was nobody home. :?

My dogs kept him from going any further than the doorway (my black lab had him pinned to the floor and the other dog was 'standing watch' when the wife entered the kitchen :twisted: ).............and he had enough brain cells left to choose to be dog food or continue with what he was attempting.... :shock: :?

Needless to say, my dogs kept him at bay long enough for the wife to grab Mr. 12 ga. Mossberg and introduce him to the dipshit that forced his way into the house. :twisted:

She doesn't like it, but since then, there has been AT LEAST 2 loaded firearms in the house at all times that are readily accessible at all times to those that know where they are (me, wife and kids).

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:35 am 
Longtime Regular

She probably believed her gun would load itself and fire on its own, as many dangerous weapons do. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:09 am 
Longtime Regular

Hunter07 wrote:
My wife doesn't like the idea of a loaded gun in the house (handgun or shotgun).

I'm no great fan of keeping loaded shotguns around.

1. They're harder to secure than handguns, and
2. A lot of them don't have firing-pin blocks, and are likely to discharge if dropped.

Keeping a loaded shotgun leaning in a corner of a closet isn't wise. (Of course, you could keep the chamber empty, and rely upon that ka-chunk to tell the goblins that they've picked the wrong house...)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:34 am 
Longtime Regular

This one turned out a little better for this guy:

Quote:
Home Invasion Leads to Standoff

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 12:16 PM

Updated: Jan 8, 2009 06:46 PM

By Jennifer Pierce, NEWS 9

MIDWEST CITY -- A home invasion turned into a standoff with Oklahoma County Sheriff's Deputies at about 11:20 a.m. Thursday.

According to Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office Communications Director Mark Myers, the home, 1701 Hughson Avenue, was invaded by two men.

Myers said the men knocked on 50-year-old Anthony Fallis' door, and he opened it thinking he knew one of them. The two man sprayed pepper spray at Fallis.

"The victim says after he was sprayed by pepper spray, that the suspects grabbed a sword from inside the victim's house and also a walking cane inside the house and began attacking him," Myers said.

Myers said Fallis then ran to a nearby room, pulled out an unloaded gun and called 911. After Fallis refused the two men's attempts to persuade him out of the room, they fled the scene.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:33 pm 

DeanC wrote:
This one turned out a little better for this guy:

Quote:
Home Invasion Leads to Standoff

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 12:16 PM

Updated: Jan 8, 2009 06:46 PM

By Jennifer Pierce, NEWS 9

MIDWEST CITY -- A home invasion turned into a standoff with Oklahoma County Sheriff's Deputies at about 11:20 a.m. Thursday.

According to Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office Communications Director Mark Myers, the home, 1701 Hughson Avenue, was invaded by two men.

Myers said the men knocked on 50-year-old Anthony Fallis' door, and he opened it thinking he knew one of them. The two man sprayed pepper spray at Fallis.

"The victim says after he was sprayed by pepper spray, that the suspects grabbed a sword from inside the victim's house and also a walking cane inside the house and began attacking him," Myers said.

Myers said Fallis then ran to a nearby room, pulled out an unloaded gun and called 911. After Fallis refused the two men's attempts to persuade him out of the room, they fled the scene.

Another fine example of "hope".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

An unloaded gun is little more than an awkward brick.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
An unloaded gun is little more than an awkward brick.

Yeah it looks like it hurts too!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a_726_Uz800&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a_726_Uz800&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
From Goodfellas

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.