Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:24 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Law-abiding Citizen....? 
 Post subject: Law-abiding Citizen....?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:46 pm 

Hi all,

I am fresh new here, and I came with one very distinct question:

What constitutes a law-abiding citizen?

The reason why I ask such a question, on a board such as this, is because I have had a checkered past, but I have been law abiding for YEARS.

No felonies on my record, no domestics, no violence, one drug charge (I was young and dumb), but the chief of police, still (twice) denies me, and my family, basic Constitutional Rights to self defense.

I am wondering if my countless... questions, and talks with the BATFE in the MN office, my countless days reseaching and searching though MN statutes online, and talking with a few firearm law specific attorneys about my situation, and the State of MN "Shall Issue" Statute clause....

(which ALL questions (*edit * my CRIMES) have been answered to.....

My situation is not against, state and federal LAW to possess firearms and CCW if permitted)

Can this all be reconciled by one post from a knowledgable TCC.com member?

It is a simple question, and it should be addressed.

*A lot to read and understand, but I wanted to start here with one post.

Thanks,

~Torqued
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:57 pm 

I'm going to immediately answer my question.

I need a lawyer.

I need to know nothing, but let my lawyer dispute the LAW for ME.

Thanks.

*all replies will still be welcome*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:18 am 

Been there, done that & got the t-shirt.

I still have my current white card in my possesion. Even with a single "questionable" offense on my record as an adult & many juvinile issues, including drug charges.

IANAL, but if you have already applied for a permit since speaking with the "chief" and the state becomming "shall issue" and you're yet to get a white card, then you'd better speak with an attorney.

If you haven't applied since the new law came into effect, then you would do well to speak with an attorney, but may not have to. Then again, where you live may be an issue as well.

I like your answer to yourself though. If you didn't find it yet, here's a link to a good list in the reference section.
http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10086

MM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.