Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Ramsey County - DENIED 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

johnnyg08 wrote:
we don't have "battery" in MN do we?

Funny you should mention that. The law makes direct named reference to "assault", but there are other statutes (such as those related to limitations) which mention "battery" as an act.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Battery Conviction???
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:51 am 
Longtime Regular

diskdoctr@yahoo.com wrote:
I would be very surprised if the Sherriff backs off when there is a battery conviction on the table... By all means give it a try but don't be surprised if the apeal is also denied...If you look at the list of things that make you ineligible you'll see where the Sherriff based his decision

Misdemeanor assault, if that's what it is, is not a disqualifying conviction.

"Danger to self or others" is Ramseyese for "because we can mess with you on the taxpayer's dime."

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:02 am 
The Man

Andrew Rothman wrote:
I would be very surprised if the Sherriff backs off when there is a battery conviction on the table... By all means give it a try but don't be surprised if the apeal is also denied...If you look at the list of things that make you ineligible you'll see where the Sherriff based his decision

"Danger to self or others" is Ramseyese for "because we can mess with you on the taxpayer's dime."
Yup. A misdemeanor assault could be part of a pattern of behavior that a reasonable, professional law enforcement agency could reaonably conclude would make a person "substantially likely to be dangerous to self or others" if given a carry permit.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the Ramsey County Sheriff's office, after all, as we're talking about what a reasonable, professional law enforcement agency might conclude, not Fletcher's Fools.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:08 pm 

joelr wrote:
Andrew Rothman wrote:

Yup. A misdemeanor assault could be part of a pattern of behavior that a reasonable, professional law enforcement agency could reaonably conclude would make a person "substantially likely to be dangerous to self or others" if given a carry permit.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the Ramsey County Sheriff's office, after all, as we're talking about what a reasonable, professional law enforcement agency might conclude, not Fletcher's Fools.

Fletcher's Fools' Follies? (For a Triple F score for the dept?)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

Q_Continuum wrote:
Fletcher's Fools' Follies? (For a Triple F score for the dept?)

There's a TV series in there somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:49 pm 
Journeyman Member

Battery was in Wisconsin, in MN they say battery = assault, it was non-domestic, no weapons involved, and the 1st and only fight I have ever been in. 6 guys jumped 2 of my buddies and me and we beat them up when I was 19, one of the guys ankles got broken and someone who wasn't even there said he saw me do it. I wasn't drunk or anything. I don't know who actually did it but I was facing a felony so I plead no-contest so I could still hunt and have guns.

I lost my job so I don't have the money to do it right now, but I did actually receive my Utah permit. Now comes the gray area. Can I still carry?

I will call Marc tomorrow to see what his thoughts are on this, but what are your guys' thoughts?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.