Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Resident alien, permit to carry 
 Post subject: Resident alien, permit to carry
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hi guys. I have a couple of questions. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to the first.

1) Can a resident alien get a permit to purchase a handgun and a permit to carry?

2) Do any instructors teach the class in Spanish, or are any proficient in Spanish and willing to accomodate a fellow with rather limited English?

My neighbor (heck of a nice guy, green card, kinda shy, lived here for years with wife and kids) has an interest.

TIA for any and all answers.

Post subject: Re: Resident alien, permit to carry
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:13 pm 
The Man

bensdad wrote:
Hi guys. I have a couple of questions. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to the first.

1) Can a resident alien get a permit to purchase a handgun and a permit to carry?

2) Do any instructors teach the class in Spanish, or are any proficient in Spanish and willing to accomodate a fellow with rather limited English?

My neighbor (heck of a nice guy, green card, kinda shy, lived here for years with wife and kids) has an interest.

TIA for any and all answers.

1. Yup, if we're talking about a permanent lawful resident -- like your buddy.

2. Probably, but I'm not at all proficient in Spanish (which is putting it gently) so while the spirit is willing, the Spanish language skills aren't there for me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Now I really need to get my wife to team teach with me. Her Spanish is excelente. Mine is only asi-asi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:37 pm 

Becoming an instructor is one of my long term goals, but that doesn't help in this situation. I've wondered how much of a market there would be for classes in Spanish...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:15 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:

Yup, no issue at all.

He will have to present his "green card" when purchasing. He will have to write his "INS A#" on the form that he fills out for his NICS check. Depending on the dealer, they might ask for proof of MN residency (usually some utility bills with his address on it). Sometimes just the DL might not be enough.

I would suggest getting his permit first. He might also have to show his green card when presenting his permit application.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.