Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Fingerprinting, Like for Utah or Florida 
 Post subject: Fingerprinting, Like for Utah or Florida
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:35 pm 

Did anyone else get theirs done through HCSO or the Minneapolis Police? Also, did you leave with the only card(s), or did they keep something?

Post subject: Re: Fingerprinting, Like for Utah or Florida
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

I had HCSO do it once, because I was in too much of a hurry to make an appointment to get it done in Eden Prairie.

I left with all copies.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

No, don't have those 2 permits yet. :roll:

But to me it wouldn't really matter.

Why?

The Feds have my fingerprints on file due to a couple reasons;
I had a Top Secret Security Clearance when I was in the Army and I currently have a Haz-Mat Endorsement on my CDL.

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:06 pm 

Well, I had mine done outstate, and they made a point of saying that if I needed an extra card I better come back within 15 days because that was all the longer they kept them.

I don't think the CO had spoken with anyone other than cops and inmates in months because she was clearly uncomfortable being there.

I was fingerprinted for my permit in Georgia back in 1989, so it's not as though I'm giving them anything they don't already have. They can always dust the doorknob to my house if they care that much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Hunter07 wrote:

Why?

I had a Top Secret Security Clearance when I was in the Army and I currently have a Haz-Mat Endorsement on my CDL.

Everytime you need new prints for something, you need NEW prints. They will not take old ones. (Based on years of doing fingerprints for everything, including background checks, criminal, and juvenile complaints,...) YMMV

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:45 am 
Longtime Regular

tman065 wrote:
Hunter07 wrote:

Why?

Everytime you need new prints for something, you need NEW prints. They will not take old ones. (Based on years of doing fingerprints for everything, including background checks, criminal, and juvenile complaints,...) YMMV

I realize that. What I was getting at was, they already have them on file, so it doesn't really matter if they were to keep a second card full of my prints. :wink:

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:16 am 

I had mine done at my local PD. They do them the old-fashioned way with ink on a card (nothing electronic) and I left with the only card that was made.

BB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

Did mine at the local PD (Apple Valley) and they have an electronic system. You're putting your fingers on an optical scanner and it stores them electronically. They have the option to print out a fingerprint card that way, but the fingerprints are still in their system.

So if you don't want them to have that, AV is not the place to go. Personally I didn't care, feds already have my fingerprints for the clearances I needed for my job. That cat is way out of the bag.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:38 pm 
Wise Elder

Roseville does them cheap. Every day, IIRC. You get the card(s); they keep nothing. Very nice people to deal with.

Post subject: Bad News
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:00 pm 

I got mine done by HCSO today. It wasn't until I'd signed the cards, paid and gotten my receipt that the deputy lead me to the electronic scanner where the magic was to happen. She plugged in my vitals off my license and scanned the photo, which will now be databased with the prints.:x Like I said, I'd paid and all, and would have felt kind of silly suddenly backing away from the machine frightened and wide-eyed like my dog from the vacuum cleaner. I could have called ahead and asked, and obviously should have. When I groaned about the information storage the expression on her face told me that she couldn't for the life of her imagine any downside. She told me that all the nearby agencies now employ electronic scanning. Ugh. WHINE.

Here's a likely-stupid question for anyone who knows. Will I ever be able to get those prints off their system, you think?

Post subject: Re: Bad News
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sietch wrote:
I got mine done by HCSO today. It wasn't until I'd signed the cards, paid and gotten my receipt that the deputy lead me to the electronic scanner where the magic was to happen. She plugged in my vitals off my license and scanned the photo, which will now be databased with the prints.:x Like I said, I'd paid and all, and would have felt kind of silly suddenly backing away from the machine frightened and wide-eyed like my dog from the vacuum cleaner. I could have called ahead and asked, and obviously should have. When I groaned about the information storage the expression on her face told me that she couldn't for the life of her imagine any downside. She told me that all the nearby agencies now employ electronic scanning. Ugh. WHINE.

Here's a likely-stupid question for anyone who knows. Will I ever be able to get those prints off their system, you think?

Legally?? Probably not.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:32 pm 
Raving Moderate

Sietch wrote:

Nope. The men in black helicopters have you in their sights now...

:wink:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:44 pm 
Wise Elder

kimberman wrote:
Roseville does them cheap. Every day, IIRC. You get the card(s); they keep nothing. Very nice people to deal with.

Worth repeating.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:04 pm 

A traumatic experience for me. I didn't know I was old until I got home and saw that the officer had entered grey for the hair color.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 am 
Longtime Regular

Sietch wrote:

Where I work, we keep the most recent 1,000 or 1,500 ( I can't remember which) print sets, and then the data goes away. They probably have a buffer like that. If you do applicant prints (like you did), they are not transmitted to any other database, to the best of my knowledge.

The BCA only wants criminal prints, and there must be a criminal charge code to go with them. The NCIC check of prints is done through the BCA's system - again AFAIK . I think you should be OK.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.