Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 30 Day & 5 Hour Renewal 
 Post subject: 30 Day & 5 Hour Renewal
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

30 Days, Five Hours

I received my permit renewal card from Ramsey County today. It came in the two o’clock mail delivery. That would be just about 30 days and five hours after I renewed it.

I have noticed a forum post elsewhere (cough) :roll: about a Ramsey County renewal application being made on a Friday and the renewal card being delivered on a Monday. To that I have to say: Horsefeathers.

I would believe a two-day Ramsey County renewal if there happened to be three to four weeks time intervening between those two days. That much disparity between issuance times (two days for one, 30 days for another), if true, tells me someone is not be investigated enough, and someone is being investigated far too much.

I did take note of the fact that my permit card has an effective date five days prior to my receiving it. The mailing date on the envelope imprint was three days ago. It appears that it takes two days to stuff and lick an envelope at the RCSO. Maybe the employees there are have a saliva deficit because their mouths are busy with other things. I have heard Sheriff Fletcher referred to in a certain way in that regard, but to be honest I have never personally seen him with one in his mouth. :lol:

I have been told directly via PM from that “other forum” that it is only those that have taken Joel’s class that require 30 days for their permit to be issued by Ramsey County. I did not take Joel’s class. So much for that feckless theory.

What I believe is actually going on here is that one out of 87 sheriff’s in the state of Minnesota believes he can make law, break law, mis-interpret law, and ignore law as he sees fit. What is worse is that there are people in this state that actually support this moron.

According to the BCA, in 2009 there was:

County Permits % Denied Revenue
Anoka 5,548 2% +$10,762
Dakota 4,901 1% +$144,390
Hennepin 10,754 2.5% +$31,938
Ramsey 4,290 11.5% -$76,687
St. Louis 5,172 .036% -$11,289
Washington 3,785 1% +$3,698

It appears that Ramsey County is either an anomaly or extremely flawed. I would go along with one of those 100%.

Post subject: Re: 30 Day & 5 Hour Renewal
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:05 am 
Raving Moderate

Actually, I've heard credible reports of the RCSO putting out permits within a couple of days. In most every case, however, it's been someone with a personal connection inside the department.

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:11 am 
Longtime Regular

Jeremiah wrote:
Actually, I've heard credible reports of the RCSO putting out permits within a couple of days. In most every case, however, it's been someone with a personal connection inside the department.

No doubt. I agree with that. However nothing changes the fact that RCSO does play fast and loose with rules. If you are one of the "insiders" you get your application or renewal "rubber stamped". If you happen to be related to a Saint Paul police officer who is a keen friend of Bobby, you get a permit even though you have, oh, about a zillion things that would disqualify you on your record.

Now, if you take exception to the fine sheriff, and happen to post that on forums and blogs, and you happen to be known to the sheriff (through a non-investigative seach of you and your history) :roll: you wait 30 days and five hours.

All in all, he is a petty and petulant little man, surrounded by like-minded nervous little dogs.

Someday I will post how I really feel about the man person.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:58 am 
Raving Moderate

Traveler wrote:
Jeremiah wrote:

No doubt. I agree with that. However nothing changes the fact that RCSO does play fast and loose with rules. If you are one of the "insiders" you get your application or renewal "rubber stamped". If you happen to be related to a Saint Paul police officer who is a keen friend of Bobby, you get a permit even though you have, oh, about a zillion things that would disqualify you on your record.

Now, if you take exception to the fine sheriff, and happen to post that on forums and blogs, and you happen to be known to the sheriff (through a non-investigative seach of you and your history) :roll: you wait 30 days and five hours.

All in all, he is a petty and petulant little man, surrounded by like-minded nervous little dogs.

Someday I will post how I really feel about the man person.

Can't argue with any of that. Fletcher really does think, in the words of Judge Dredd, that he is the law.

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:23 pm 
Journeyman Member

Count me as one of those "lucky few" who got a lightning quick permit approval from Feltcher & Co.

The only reason I was able to come up with is that my parents used to campaign for him when I was growing up in St. Paul.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

johngagemn wrote:
… from Feltcher & Co.

Oh, please tell me that was not a typo.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:
johngagemn wrote:
… from Feltcher & Co.

This is the point where Archie Bunker would say. "Whatever!"

anyone else remember Edith's pastor, the Reverend Fletcher / Felcher?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:54 pm 
Journeyman Member

Traveler wrote:
johngagemn wrote:
… from Feltcher & Co.

I am always very attentive to my spelling. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.