Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:33 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 [KSTP] U of M St. Paul Campus AttackS 
 Post subject: [KSTP] U of M St. Paul Campus AttackS
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
the safest part of the University of Minnesota campus
Yeah right. When my wife worked their and I didn't want here to run down to the door I could slip in through the vet hospital or loading docks with no challenge.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S19335.html?cat=1

Quote:
Students attacked on U's St. Paul campus
Updated: 10/12/2006 08:31:02 PM - [ VIDEO ]

Two people were attacked this week on what police say is the safest part of the University of Minnesota campus.

The attacks happened near Cleveland Ave., just steps from the St. Paul Student Center where thousands of students catch the bus each day.

Nate Daniels was walking near Buford and Cleveland Aves. Tuesday when two strangers approached him, put something they claimed to be a weapon in his back, and robbed him.

"He stopped me with his hands, turned me around real quick, pulled something out of his pocket and stuck it to my back," Daniels told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS. "He said, 'Don't move, don't move.'"

Deputy Police Chief Steve Johnson said he was in the midst of issuing a crime alert Wednesday for the attack on Daniels when the criminals struck again. This time it happened a block away at Cleveland and Doswell Aves.

"It's an aberration to have something like this happen twice in the middle of the day," Johnson said. He said police aren't sure if the criminals had a weapon, or if the weapon was only implied.

Students received the crime alert in their email today and admit they are shocked by the news.

"You hear a lot about this in Minneapolis, but you never hear about anything like this in St. Paul," said student Chad Burgess.

Full descriptions of the suspects are available in the full crime alert.

The last incident reported in this area was last winter when a robbery was reported in the middle of the night.

Neither victim was hurt in the incidents. Anyone with any information is encouraged to call University of Minnesota Police.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.