Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:28 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Is it lawful to carry at the Naval and Marine Reserve Center 
 Post subject: Is it lawful to carry at the Naval and Marine Reserve Center
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:22 am 
Longtime Regular

at Ft. Snelling? If not inside, how about the parking lot? My daughter is a US Navy Sea Cadet, and I frequently have to pick her up, attend ceremonies, meetings, etc. there.

If you're not familiar with the location, I do not have to enter the secured area of the base. No gates or sentrys, until inside the reserve center building. I don't believe the building is posted in any way, but I will verify that when I drop her off for drill in the morning.

I could, of course, just ask them, but it wouldn't be as much fun! :wink:

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:05 am 
Longtime Regular

I know the whipple building is unless you are a LEO/fed. The rest I've never had a problem with since I carry concealed and use the "don't ask don't tell" policy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Is it lawful to carry at the Naval and Marine Reserve Ce
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:16 am 
The Man

Nope; it's Federal, and you're barred from carrying, whether or not there's a sign.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:07 am 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
Nope; it's Federal, and you're barred from carrying, whether or not there's a sign.

I'll take it that means even in the car/parking lot. The odd thing over there is there are sports fields all around that area with Minneapolis Park and Rec signs. How is someone supposed to know when they've crossed the magic line onto Federal property?

Thanks for the replies.

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:14 am 
The Man

Aquaholic wrote:
joelr wrote:

I'll take it that means even in the car/parking lot. The odd thing over there is there are sports fields all around that area with Minneapolis Park and Rec signs. How is someone supposed to know when they've crossed the magic line onto Federal property?

You've put your finger on the problem. It can be hard to know, and a sign isn't required. And, in fact, some signs that are put up aren't valid -- see the discussion about carry at the State Fair, for example.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.