Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:16 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Big Damn Hero | Serenity Showing other stuff 
 Post subject: Big Damn Hero | Serenity Showing other stuff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:38 am 
The Man

I love it when a plan comes together.

Let's review where we are. We've contributed rather more than $1000 to the MN Firefly benefit, and bunches of us have bought tickets, beyond that. While a couple of other enterprises may have bought a Big Damn Hero contribution package, we bought four.

And now it's time to have some fun. The showing is at 11:30 on Saturday, and there's a seating block just for us. So we get to -- but don't have to; you can sit anywhere you want, this being America and all -- sit together and enjoy the movie.

I've seen it . . . well, lots; looking forward to seeing it again.

What with the T-shirts and all, this will be a good networking/outreach/PR opportunity even if none of us does anything more than show up and have a good time.

Well, there's always more to do. People will be gathering at the Riverview cafe across the street before the show; I'm planning on being there by 9:30, at the latest, just to hang out. (Some of the best activism comes when you're just hanging out -- and so does some of the best fun.)

For those of you who don't know me, I'll be the balding, vaguely pear-shaped, middle-aged white guy wearing a photgrapher's vest over a TCCarry T-shirt --

Okay, okay, that doesn't distinguish me much in this crowd, eh?

So, here's my advice: show up, have fun, mix and mingle and don't push any issues -- if folks are interested, they'll ask -- but do be your usual responsible and helpful selves if anybody asks you any questions.

Yeah, I know: I'm leaving one issue out -- it's the rhinoceros in the room. Actually, there's two. (More of that anon, in a different Forum. You'll know it when you see it -- it'll be for registered users only, as it involves not just the rhinoceros but a few Known Knutcases.)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.