Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:03 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Minnesota Wild Game 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:13 am 

Zerwas wrote:
But, being the ever honest person that I am, I showed him my State Patrol badge (that I have earned and carried over the last 15+ years).

I don't consider this anywhere near the same as a permit holder. you're using your higher status to get a gun into a restricted area. I think the security guard was trying to get you to say "no" and he'd just let you in.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

Anyone been to a Wild game recently? Is it still just a cursory pat down?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

ree wrote:
Anyone been to a Wild game recently? Is it still just a cursory pat down?

My wife and I went at the end of the season last year. I was carrying a pocket snubby that I slipped into my waist band Smartwear style (grip just below top of belt, kept in holster) to enter the building and go through security. After finding our seats I make a trip to the restroom and returned it to my front pocket.
There was no pat-down for us. We were just asked to hold open our jackets.

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Sierra Trading - Firearms Sales, Service and Training

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:40 pm 
On time out

I have been to three so far, this season, and its the same thing, they are looking for beer, not guns.

Second game I went to I was wearing coat and tie, and as the guy got ready to pat me down, I just asked " do you have a warrant?" he stumbled, mumbled and then just said "go on....." and never touched me.

The last game I went to I had club tickets, and as I showed the ticket he pulled back, apparently having comp'ed club level seats makes you more equal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:
The last game I went to I had club tickets, and as I showed the ticket he pulled back, apparently having comp'ed club level seats makes you more equal.

hmmm, that's where we sat also. Was that why there was no pat down at all for us too?

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed. I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms." —Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:
I just asked " do you have a warrant?" he stumbled, mumbled and then just said "go on....." and never touched me.

I've wondered how that would work. 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:39 pm 
On time out

I am not sure, but it sure seemed like when he saw the up price tickets, that we were just waved thru. a $125 should buy you a little something better.

One benefit of sitting in the Club, besides the better service is that the head cop on the level is Randy Barnett, who is the range training officer for st. paul and a really, really nice guy. He's a top class shooter who competes all over the country.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 am 

Just to dredge a thread from the depths of the board.....

I took my (almost) 8yo daughter to the Wild game last night. We entered through Gate 1....not even a thought of a pat down from security. I didn't have my heavy coat on (left it in the car), so I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I didn't see anybody still wearing coats getting them checked either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:59 am 
Journeyman Member

They have patted my front stomach and lower back......but the way I carry they will not find it anytime soon.. :D

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.” — Patrick Henry
www.mises.org
www.ij.org

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.