Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:38 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 CZ 75B & IDPA 
 Post subject: CZ 75B & IDPA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:08 pm 

Is the DA/SA CZ legal for SSP or does it classify for the ESP?

I am looking at different pistols in 9mm and have it narrowed to the M&P9 and the CZ75B, The M&P makes SSP but what about the CZ. Only ever shot one IDPA match so this is really confuseing for a newbee. Or I guess I could just use the $ to buy or load ammo for the 45 and shoot CDP instead of the cheaper 9mm ammo. Now I really confused my self. :?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:05 pm 

The 75B is legal for SSP as long as it's decocked for the first shot. I'm comfortable manually decocking as long as there is a safe direction in which to point it (i.e. downrange into the berm) so I've shot my CZs in SSP several times. The 75B can also be shot cocked and locked in ESP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:32 pm 

My opinion only......

Pick the gun you want to shoot IDPA with, whatever classification you fall into is secondary.

Then shoot, have fun, repeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:42 pm 

Thanks for the info
I was kinda thinking about shooting what I carry 45.
Then I started thinking 9 would be cheaper and possibly more competitive.
And then I started thinking I wish winter would end so I didnt have so much time to think. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:32 am 

If you're used to a 1911 platform, you might not be happy with the CZ trigger. The CZ is a great service pistol--it's well built, reliable, and ergonomically friendly--but the trigger is a bit idiosyncratic and not everyone can shoot the gun competitively.

Bristol’s Bastards: In Iraq with the 2nd Battalion, 136th Infantry of Minnesota’s National Guard: Bravo Company of Minnesota’s National Guard fought alongside the Marine Corp in Al Anbar province through the deadliest period of Operation Iraqi Freedom, kicking down doors, dodging IEDs, battling insurgents, and trying to help one another survive in the deadliest place on earth. Available in bookstores everywhere. For autographed copies, visit bristolsbastards.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:04 am 

The Glock pistols fall under 2 catagories, ESP and SSP. I believe the M&P is considered the same trigger action as the Glock so I would THINK the M&P could be shot in both ESP and SSP as well.
I have a CZ75B-SA (single action), that I had converted into a double action pistol and mine is capable of being used in both SSP and ESP.
I also have a smith M&P and I LOVE it. Mine is the 40 caliber version and I reload down to minor.
My thought is if I had to make a choice on which one to use in compeition, it would be a coin toss.
I tend to use the M&P more, because that is what I tend to carry for personal defense.

Both are EXCELLENT pistols however.

IDPA member A08208

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.