Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Who plans to shoot Faribault IDPA Wednesday night? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

My car is now busted... so no :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:47 pm 
1911 tainted

halvey wrote:
Well, I think I want to try this. I talked to Leo the other night and he told me to come down around 6, watch the match, then he'd run the newbies through a stage at the end of the game.

Any other new guys heading there tomorrow? Was thinking about leaving the McStop on I35 around 5:15ish.

Get there as early as you can, then you can watch some of the other shooters go through stages and get an idea as to what they are doing under the direction of the IDPA SO's. I am one of the SO's and have run new shooters and late shooters that turn up to shoot for the first time. Leo has a pretty full plate on the Wednesday night IDPA matches, a lot of shooters, people scratching their ass when they should be doing SOMETHING to help out, and trying to direct/manage a large group.

Turn up with your gear to shoot and there will be several people from this forum that will be more than happy to help you out. Forum members such as westhope, dcwn45, Pat Cannon, cobb and I know others that I didn't list that will be there to help you or any other new shooters and explain what is going on.

Hope to see some of you on Wednesday. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

someone1980 wrote:
Where are you? I'm leaving from Plymouth at (I hope) about 4:00*. If you're anyplace between there & Faribault I'd be glad to give you a ride. Then I can be legal for once when I'm driving in the commuter lane on 35!

*I am, however, notorious for being late.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pat Cannon wrote:
someone1980 wrote:
Where are you? I'm leaving from Plymouth at (I hope) about 4:00*. If you're anyplace between there & Faribault I'd be glad to give you a ride. Then I can be legal for once when I'm driving in the commuter lane on 35!

*I am, however, notorious for being late.

Thank you for the offer, that is very nice of you. I have to get this car fixed before I finish my move to Rochester.

/me thinking about buying a bike for the 4 mile round trip commute that will be had down there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

You know that scene in the movie Office Space where the guy is trying to get out of the office and the progress bar on this computer is craaaawwwwwlling sloowwwwlllyy across the screen? Multiply that about a hundred and four times -- that's what I am doing right now. grrrrrr!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:28 pm 
1911 tainted

Pat Cannon wrote:
You know that scene in the movie Office Space where the guy is trying to get out of the office and the progress bar on this computer is craaaawwwwwlling sloowwwwlllyy across the screen? Multiply that about a hundred and four times -- that's what I am doing right now. grrrrrr!

At about 6:41 pm I was on stage 3 at the Faribault IDPA.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
At about 6:41 pm I was on stage 3 at the Faribault IDPA.
Shut up, I hate you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:56 am 
Longtime Regular

Pat,

I "PM"ed you a copy of the BUG match stage description just to make you feel better (worse?).

Oh, everyone shot it really poorly. I'm sure you would have won that match.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:53 am 
Longtime Regular

westhope wrote:
Pat,

I "PM"ed you a copy of the BUG match stage description just to make you feel better (worse?).

Oh, everyone shot it really poorly. I'm sure you would have won that match.
Yeah, yeah. I'll be there next week to prove that wrong.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.