Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:51 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Defensive Handgun League Info - Bill's North 
 Post subject: Defensive Handgun League Info - Bill's North
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:15 pm 

We have 6 matches scheduled every other Wednesday through the end of March. Dates are Jan 11 & 25, Feb 8 & 22, Mar 8 & 22 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. We will publish the course of fire here several days before the match.

Our goal is to get some quality trigger time in and have set up various COF to challenge a variety of shooters. For all the details please check:

http://www.twincitiesidpa.com/ under Defensive Handgun

http://www.billsgs.com/ by clicking the League link

Scores will be published on the above sites within a few days of the match.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: IDPA shoot
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:56 pm 

The armored fire range range told me a week ago that they did not have any idpa matches going on. In addition the post on the tc idpa site said, organizer (name?) stated that they would not be conducting a league this winter. He also said not to ask if anyone else would be willing to put the league.

If this leaguue is occuring, what cost is involved and is is mandtory that participants have a national and/or local IDPA membership?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

First of all welcome to the borad.

Yes it is occuring every two weeks. I just got back from the range and the cost is only $13.25.

It is not an IDPA sponsored event but Defensive Pistol League. It was a great course of fire tonight.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject: defensive league
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:33 pm 

I was hoping it was for real. I will make it to the next one.
Thanks for the info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:29 am 

Just to be clear, IDPA shooter was referring to an IDPA style league he had set up that had been taking place at Bill's north, while I believe Srigs was referring to the Defensive Pistol League that has been running Thursday nights at Bill's in Robbinsdale for many years now. (Unless some other league coincidentally charges the same $13.25 that ours does.)

On our Thursday league your $13.25 gets you a lane, 4 targets, and an hour long course of fire totalling about 95 rounds and including most types of shooting that can be done safely from a range lane: point shooting, double taps, mozambiques, slow fire, etc. We shoot at 5:00 every Thursday except during hunting rifle sight in and some holidays. If you can't make 5:00 a separately run group in the same vein shoots at 7:00. We aren't competing except with ourselves, this is more just an organized and fun way to practice various drills. Everyone is welcome.

Post subject: Defensive Pistol League
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:30 pm 

I'm confused why the response to the January post now, but, for the record, I'm not running any Defensive Pistol League at Bill's North today. I also have no plans to run one again at either of Bill's ranges this fall or winter. Others may organize them, I would possibly attend, but I have no plans to run them

We will have at least monthly IDPA matches this fall and winter. We started in October and will run them thorough March ( we are skipping December) at Bill's Robbindale location. See details in another post.

Jeff Bergquist wrote:
Just to be clear, IDPA shooter was referring to an IDPA style league he had set up that had been taking place at Bill's north, while I believe Srigs was referring to the Defensive Pistol League that has been running Thursday nights at Bill's in Robbinsdale for many years now. (Unless some other league coincidentally charges the same $13.25 that ours does.)

On our Thursday league your $13.25 gets you a lane, 4 targets, and an hour long course of fire totalling about 95 rounds and including most types of shooting that can be done safely from a range lane: point shooting, double taps, mozambiques, slow fire, etc. We shoot at 5:00 every Thursday except during hunting rifle sight in and some holidays. If you can't make 5:00 a separately run group in the same vein shoots at 7:00. We aren't competing except with ourselves, this is more just an organized and fun way to practice various drills. Everyone is welcome.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.