Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 IDPA-Fairmont Trap Club 
 Post subject: IDPA-Fairmont Trap Club
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:25 pm 

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have gotten the ok from the Fairmont Trap Club to set up some IDPA shoots.

I'm setting things up kind of like what Key Cities Conservation Club does. You won't have to be an IDPA member. Since it is going to be mostly beginners these shoots will not have the exact IDPA rules and standards. Of course we will follow all of the safety rules.

You must be a member of the Fairmont Trap Club to shoot.
    $5.00 Daily Member
    $25.00 Single year member
    $35.00 Family year member

All shooters will need to also pay $5.00 to shoot. We will do a couple of stages a night.

I don't have dates finalized yet. I will post those when I figure them out.

Google Map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:22 pm 
1911 tainted

If you would like some help and the dates work in my schedule, I would be interested in coming down to maybe help get things rolling.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

My wife and I would be very interested in this. We live in Dundas. We tried IDPA a month or so ago (met some nice folks there - Cobb included). We enjoyed it, but decided to get a fresh start at the beginning of the season next year. Something that was more taylored to the "beginner" would be very helpful for both of us.

If this thing happens before school starts, I could possibly come down early and help with setup also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:50 am 

cobb wrote:
If you would like some help and the dates work in my schedule, I would be interested in coming down to maybe help get things rolling.

I sent you a message Cobb.

Post subject: IDPA Like or perhaps IDPA Lite Matches
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:55 pm 

Congratulations on getting some more action style shooting started. Trigger time = Fun Time!

For the past two years my training partner Jon Thompson has run an IDPA like league at http://www.monticellorodandgunclub.org/

I'll have to look up the schedule ( then post it) but we recently used an NRA grant to add a new berm and now have two bays to work with for matches and practice runs. Cost is $10 for non members, and we allow most any handguns except Single Action. We have a number of IDPA CSOs and NRA ROs' who run the matches and a lot of the folks just draw from the low ready. Persons we know to be safe do draw from the holster

These are simple courses but you get to engage multiple targets, do some simple movement and shoot from behind barrels and barricades. We generally shoot few courses and use way less than 100 hundred rounds. We also run some matches were scores are kept and published, but practices are just for fun.

It is IDPA lite without all the ammo, holster , barrel length, etc that we must enforce as a member club. We do enforce all IDPA safety and scoring rules, but don't worry about divisions or classifications. Again , congrats and a request - please do not list these shoots as IDPA matches as the International club has an understandable issues with this . Easly avoided by calling them IDPA lite, or Action Pistol using selected IDPA rules.

Sixstring wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have gotten the ok from the Fairmont Trap Club to set up some IDPA shoots.

I'm setting things up kind of like what Key Cities Conservation Club does. You won't have to be an IDPA member. Since it is going to be mostly beginners these shoots will not have the exact IDPA rules and standards. Of course we will follow all of the safety rules.

You must be a member of the Fairmont Trap Club to shoot.
    $5.00 Daily Member
    $25.00 Single year member
    $35.00 Family year member

All shooters will need to also pay $5.00 to shoot. We will do a couple of stages a night.

I don't have dates finalized yet. I will post those when I figure them out.

Google Map.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: IDPA Like or perhaps IDPA Lite Matches
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm 
1911 tainted

IDPA Shooter wrote:
we recently used an NRA grant to add a new berm and now have two bays to work with for matches and practice runs.

Thanks IDPA Shooter, never thought of that, but we have gotten grant also from the NRA, the most recent for the Woman on Target that we are doing on September 13th.

Sixstrings, I can supply the info, contacts and forms for the range in Fairmont to apply to the NRA. They have some hoops to jump through, too much duplicate paperwork and you have to have the dates, paperwork and basically all your ducks in a row, but there may be money there for the club.

Have you checked into DNR grants, they are also available on a matching basis for range improvements, especially safety or handicap accessibility projects. KCCC has used them also, again several restrictions but will get things done for half price to the club.

Get in touch and I can maybe help you get started on the NRA side. If you want DNR info, I think you know George at KCCC, he might be your best bet on that info.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:17 pm 

Thanks for the info guys. I believe that Fairmont Trap Club has had some help from the DNR.

I'm planning shoots for.

Wednesday, August 20th
Wednesday, August 27th
Wednesday, September 3rd

5:30 PM

I didn't really want to do Wednesdays, but that's what worked best for with my work schedule at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:08 pm 
1911 tainted

Sixstring wrote:
I'm planning shoots for.

Wednesday, August 20th
Wednesday, August 27th
Wednesday, September 3rd

5:30 PM

You changed the first date from August 13th to August 20th, that correct?

If so, maybe I can make it down to the first one on the 20th, the 13th I couldn't because of work.

Do you still need to borrow a timer and some target stands?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:34 pm 

Yeah, I shifted the dates a little bit to work with my work schedule. I'm going to a machine shop in the morning to have some stands like yours made up. I will still need to borrow your timer if that's ok. I'll give you a call and we can set a time up for that.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:15 pm 

Here are the dates for 2009.

May 6
May 20
June 3
June 20 (Saturday)
July 1
July 15
July 29
Aug 12
Sept 2

Wednesday nights 6:00 PM
The Saturday date is 9:00 AM
$5 for members
$10 for non members

Send me a message if you need more info.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.