Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:53 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New local gun dealer with great prices... 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:18 pm 
Poet Laureate

+1
Bought my XD-9 from Brad, and had a great experience. Well, except for the fact that I had to drive out twice to Bloomington because of my 4473 "DELAYED" verdict from the powers that be. :evil:

But that was not his fault. I'd do business with him again in a heartbeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:08 pm 

Bought my XD-45 Tactical from Brad. Very professional and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

Derek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:47 am 

Sounds like everyone has had good experiences with Brad. Wanted to explain my experience with him.

I was looking about 3 weeks ago for 2-4 new guns. Based on the feedback from all of you here, which I take to heart, I gave Brad a call to ask for a quote.

He was very busy when I called him, and asked that I send him an e-mail with the guns I was interested in getting a quote for. The e-mail was sent within minutes of the phone call, which was on Nov. 14.

I have yet to receive an e-mail response, nor a phone call asking me to resend it. I know people are people and mistakes can be made by any of us. I also know that when someone contacts you to help your business by making a purchase or two, it makes sense to contact them back.

Just my experience... sounds like I'm only one in quite a few transactions.

MM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:02 pm 

I've had good luck with Brad. Try dropping him another e-mail...
It won't cost you anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am 

Lawyer_in_Training wrote:
I've had good luck with Brad. Try dropping him another e-mail...
It won't cost you anything.

Thanks for the idea LiT. Too late now though, already purchased what I wanted at Sportsman's Warehouse.

MM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:35 am 
Longtime Regular

If this guy is local,then I assume you would have to pay sales tax. This is one of the advantages of buying off the internet.No MN state tax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:40 am 

a911scanner wrote:
Sounds like everyone has had good experiences with Brad. Wanted to explain my experience with him.

I was looking about 3 weeks ago for 2-4 new guns. Based on the feedback from all of you here, which I take to heart, I gave Brad a call to ask for a quote.

He was very busy when I called him, and asked that I send him an e-mail with the guns I was interested in getting a quote for. The e-mail was sent within minutes of the phone call, which was on Nov. 14.

I have yet to receive an e-mail response, nor a phone call asking me to resend it. I know people are people and mistakes can be made by any of us. I also know that when someone contacts you to help your business by making a purchase or two, it makes sense to contact them back.

Just my experience... sounds like I'm only one in quite a few transactions.

MM

I concur. I am in the market for two new firearms. Sent two emails, 4 days apart, the latest was 3 days ago........ still no response to either email.
I'm moving on..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:58 am 

I didn't get a response to my email either. I'll probably try to call once or twice next week and if that doesn't work, give up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:40 pm 

hypertech wrote:
I didn't get a response to my email either. I'll probably try to call once or twice next week and if that doesn't work, give up.

I called. Was asked to email. Well, as you can see from my previous post, we know how that turned out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:54 pm 

mnosretep wrote:
hypertech wrote:

I called. Was asked to email. Well, as you can see from my previous post, we know how that turned out.

I had the same thing happen. I was looking for a price on something a few weeks ago and sent an email, after waiting a week or so and recieving no reply I went elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:05 pm 

rtk wrote:
mnosretep wrote:
hypertech wrote:

I had the same thing happen. I was looking for a price on something a few weeks ago and sent an email, after waiting a week or so and recieving no reply I went elsewhere.

ditto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:43 pm 

Maybe try calling him again. Is it possible your emails are not getting through? Blocked, or spam.

I've emailed him twice in the last two weeks and have gotten replies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:46 pm 

Bagman wrote:
Maybe try calling him again. Is it possible your emails are not getting through? Blocked, or spam.

I've emailed him twice in the last two weeks and have gotten replies.

No spam filter on the email account I used for the inquiry. Used the link on his web page, no "undeliverable" message received.
Apparently I need a secret decoder ring or something.
No matter, I purchased my two guns today elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:40 am 
Journeyman Member

I had talked to him on the phone a couple times and sent emails too. This was for an AR, optics, etc. before the crazy buying started (they were easy to get then).

I was promised a call back, but no response to it or email, so I went elsewhere. Dealing with issues like this before the sale doesn't make me feel good about closing the deal with them. I've learned to trust my instincts when dealing with companies, and I don't give more than 2 chances just to save a couple of dollars. There are a lot of other dealers out there....

Post subject: Re: New local gun dealer with great prices...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:34 pm 
First-time poster

Took the advice from this post and called Brad... I left 3 messages and he did not bother to return my calls :bang: Not a very professional way to do buisness!!

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.