Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 3/25-3/26 MWCA Gun Show - MN State Fair COLISEUM Building 
 Post subject: 3/25-3/26 MWCA Gun Show - MN State Fair COLISEUM Building
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

3/25-3/26

http://mwca.org/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:02 am 
Journeyman Member

I will be there as always, probably the best gun show in Minnesota... I have to save up some money as usual also....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:09 am 
Longtime Regular

Trying to figure out how to get there. Missed a great deal last year on an all stainless BERSA .22. I was too dumb to buy it. :oops: Been kicking myself since last year.

Have to attend a pistol instructor's training class so my buddy can use my son as his "student" for the class.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:12 pm 

I will be there. I get to pick up my newest sidearm from LastGunShop, a Sig 229 in .40 cal. Can't wait! Only two more days....

TK

-Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:30 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm

ypou got one huh? Good for you - you will love it.

Mine shoots like a dream - need to load ammof ro it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

thurianknight wrote:
I will be there. I get to pick up my newest sidearm from LastGunShop, a Sig 229 in .40 cal. Can't wait! Only two more days....

TK

Hey, I'm picking a Sig P229 in .40 from him on Saturday also!!! Cool beans. When I leave it's going right to the range for inspection and a qualification, then straight in the holster it goes. Good is excited. Good has been eyeing one of these for almost 2 years now, but hasn't been able to afford one. Finally Good saw a nice deal for a tutone in CDNN's catalog and couldn't resist, particularly with a tax return coming. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:31 am 

Do they let you carry in the building? I cant see where it says it. Just wondering, I will be going also to the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:09 am 

tomcat114 wrote:
Do they let you carry in the building? I cant see where it says it. Just wondering, I will be going also to the show.

Nope. no loaded guns allowed.

My Homebrew journal http://brew.goalie.cx

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:10 am 

Quote:
When I leave it's going right to the range for inspection and a qualification, then straight in the holster it goes. Good is excited. Good has been eyeing one of these for almost 2 years now, but hasn't been able to afford one. Finally Good saw a nice deal for a tutone in CDNN's catalog and couldn't resist

TK is also excited. I tried a 229 last fall at Bill's gun show and fell in love. Also hampered by price, even for used versions, until CDNN came out with this deal. I'm also getting the 2-tone.

Sadly, I have enough going on in my schedule that I won't be able to get to the range until the following Thursday (unless I shuffle things around and go on Saturday afternoon/evening straight from the show... hmm, now you got me thinking....).

And of course, Bill's spring show is the next weekend, and I will be there on Saturday. The Sig will be with me.

TK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:48 am 
Longtime Regular

Anybody get any screaming deals? Anybody see anything interesting? I'd love to see some pics of your new acquisitions.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:00 am 

Quote:
Anybody get any screaming deals? Anybody see anything interesting? I'd love to see some pics of your new acquisitions.

While testing out my Sig at Bill's yesterday, I talked to a guy who picked up a used Mitchell Gold Series 1911 .45 ACP in stainless, for $400. I only looked at it briefly, but it seemed to be in really good shape. He also showed me a 3" group that he shot at 75 feet, which I thought was pretty impressive.

TK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:23 am 
The Man

DeanC wrote:
My own take is that the best time for really good deals is at the very beginning and very end of the show. Good stuff that is underpriced gets snapped up quickly; the desire not to haul stuff home, yet again, (particularly if combined with low sales) will, sometimes, get dealers to offer good prices near the end.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:26 am 
The Man

gaygoalie wrote:
tomcat114 wrote:

Nope. no loaded guns allowed.
Some just ignore the noncompliant signs and carry discreetly.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Great deal from Mark Koscielski
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:24 pm 
Journeyman Member

DeanC wrote:

Mark Koscielski ("lastgunshop") had a nice batch of Beretta 96D MN State Patrol trade-ins for sale including 3 mags, and Safariland duty holster and dual mag carrier for $299.

Had to purchase one because:
a) it was a great deal on a classic LE pistol, and
b) Mark's a great guy to do business with.

Thanks Mark!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

I picked up a new to me Colt Agent. After getting it home and looking more closely, it is in really good condition. Very little wear and the barrel appears to have very little wear. The rifling is very crisp still. I paid $330 out the door. I have been watching Gunbroker for the last couple of weeks trying to get an idea of what they go for and most there of the same condition are going for $400 and more.

PS. Don't tell anyone, but I ignored the non-compliant signs are carried a loaded firearm in the building. Shhhhh. :D

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.