Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:39 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dick's Sporting Goods 4 Day Sale this weekend 
 Post subject: Dick's Sporting Goods 4 Day Sale this weekend
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:11 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

On the back page of the front section of the Strib, there is an ad. Mostly hunting stuff, but I did notice ammo.

9mm 50 pack 4.98
38s/380 50 pack 6.98
40/45 50 pack 7.98

There is also a coupon for $10 off any purchase (or item?) over $50.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Minnetonka
West Ridge Market
11260 Wayzata Boulevard
Minnetonka, MN 55305 952-525-0200

Richfield
1700 West 78th Street
Richfield, MN 55423
612-869-0200

Woodbury
Tamarack Village
8292 Tamarack Village
Woodbury, MN 55125
651-731-0200

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wish they'd hurry up an open the Burnsville store. Gotta love any store that carries shooting supplies, guns, ammo, and the like.
Very convenient location for us south of the river dwellers.
And they are going to occupy the former Mervyn's location, so they will have their own entrance. Wonder if it'll be posted like all the common entrances at Burnsville center are?
Anyone know if the other branches are posted? Not sure if they are in malls or free standing buildings.

Post subject: Dick's Doesn't Sell Handguns
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:18 pm 

That means I buy my ammo and shooting elsewhere. Yes, I know they sell rifles and shotguns but no handguns, no business from me for the Dicks.

Brewman wrote:
Wish they'd hurry up an open the Burnsville store. Gotta love any store that carries shooting supplies, guns, ammo, and the like.
Very convenient location for us south of the river dwellers.
And they are going to occupy the former Mervyn's location, so they will have their own entrance. Wonder if it'll be posted like all the common entrances at Burnsville center are?
Anyone know if the other branches are posted? Not sure if they are in malls or free standing buildings.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Dick's Doesn't Sell Handguns
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

IDPA Shooter wrote:
Yes, I know they sell rifles and shotguns but no handguns, no business from me for the Dicks.

I'm sure that's cost them a fair amount of business. Just about the only reason I went to Galyan's was the $10 Fiocchi .45 ACP. When they became Dick's and quit selling handguns, I just assumed they didn't sell handgun ammo anymore either and haven't been back much. I will, however, be in to load up on the $8 UMC .45 this weekend -- and maybe mention that I'm looking to spend 5 or 6 hundred bucks on new pistol... <i>somewhere.</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

I, too, do not spend money at Dick's. While they pretend to support hunters by selling long guns, they are definitely not a pro-2nd Amendment company. I had the misfortune of going in a couple of weeks ago with a friend. I did stop by the gun section to see what they had and when I asked the clerk to open the action on a Marlin 336, (they have trigger locks) he actually asked why I would want to do that. Then the funniest thing I witnessed was one clerk bringing out a shotgun that had to be assembled. He picked up the stock end and immediately put on the trigger lock, then assembled the rest of the gun. I laughed out loud.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject: Re: Dick's Doesn't Sell Handguns
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:08 am 

Pat Cannon wrote:
When they became Dick's and quit selling handguns, I just assumed they didn't sell handgun ammo anymore either and haven't been back much.

I was in Galyans when they were selling off the handguns, I asked them if they are still going to sell handgun ammo. This old guy said "why would we do that?" I replied with "Walmart doesn't sell handguns, but they sell the ammo." He said "huh..."

The only time I went back after that was to buy a pack of ammo. I needed it for a gag gift for my friend. I had one round engraved with "Freedom", for my newly wedded friend.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:24 am 
Longtime Regular

Moby Clarke wrote:
I did stop by the gun section to see what they had and when I asked the clerk to open the action on a Marlin 336, (they have trigger locks) he actually asked why I would want to do that. ... He picked up the stock end and immediately put on the trigger lock, then assembled the rest of the gun. I laughed out loud.

This is exactly the level of expertise I have come to expect from places like DICK's. But, I might run in there tomorrow to see if they have .223 on sale and if so I'll be a few hundred rounds. Then again, at a place like DICK's, if you buy that much ammo they probably wet themselves while frantically trying to call the FBI ...

Post subject: Re: Dick's Sporting Goods 4 Day Sale this weekend
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pakrat wrote:
On the back page of the front section of the Strib, there is an ad. Mostly hunting stuff, but I did notice ammo.

9mm 50 pack 4.98
38s/380 50 pack 6.98
40/45 50 pack 7.98

Hey, Pakrat -- thanks for the heads-up! I'm stocked up on .45 now. :)

I case anybody else is interested, the Bloomington store (kind of near my house) was out of the .45 ACP but said they'd honor the $7.98 price whenever it came in. The Minnetonka store (right on my way to work), was well stocked, however. I bought a case (the 10-box limit) and was surprised at the cash register when I also got a 10% case discount. So my grand total including tax was $76.49 = $7.65 a box, which I'm sure is the cheapest price I've ever paid for factory .45. I asked the cashier about the 10-box limit, and she said she assumed it was probably per person per day. So I might go get more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:56 pm 

Oh, I forgot to post what brand it was... It was the Remington UMC.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

Oh, that $10 off of $50 coupon?

"Excludes firearms, ammunition. electronics and championship merchandise."

On the other hand, there's a Remington "buy one get on 50% off" coupon. It's not clear whether you can buy 5 and get the other 5 half off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:39 pm 

I will never step foot into a Dick's again. Ugh, it's not even worth explaining. Gander is going to eat them alive.

Post subject: Bad deal @ Dicks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:25 pm 

I can't figure out where the demand for the same goods comes from. Now there are 2 Sprorts Auth and a Dicks within 5 miles of each other. They carry the same goods.
Ever notice how empty the Dicks parking lot is now compared to when it was Galyans.
I have been in Dicks a couple times and I can't buy anything because it is the same useless junk you can get almost anywhere.
There is only big chain stores worth visiting in the area-Cabelas, Gander and Sportsmans Warehouse.

I guess it will save on gas now cuase there is one less place to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:52 pm 

johnalbert wrote:
I will never step foot into a Dick's again. Ugh, it's not even worth explaining. Gander is going to eat them alive.

DICK's is worse than Gander?? Nothing could be worse than the Lakeville Gander.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:50 am 
Longtime Regular

halvey wrote:
johnalbert wrote:

DICK's is worse than Gander?? Nothing could be worse than the Lakeville Gander.

I would have to agree about dicks being worse that gander, and I have been to some bad ganders!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.