Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:19 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Is Minnesota Weapons Collectors Association for real? 
 Post subject: Is Minnesota Weapons Collectors Association for real?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:34 pm 

I was planning to attend their gun show at the fairgrounds this weekend, but I read this:

No loaded firearms except for authorized security personnel!

Are they honestly telling me that a legally authorized CCW holder in MN can't bring their weapon into the show? If so, isn't that one of the most hypocritical things you've ever heard of, or am I missing something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Their stated and in some ways justifiable concern is that with all the gun handling going on that there may (and have been in the past) an accidential/negligent discharge.

If I recall correctly a few yers ago some idiot put a bullet into the roof of the coliseum at the fairgrounds.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:22 pm 
Journeyman Member

I was there this morning and the signs were as you said and there was a uniformed officer at the door but nobody was checking or asking. The plce was packed with people.

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:31 pm 

jac714 wrote:
Their stated and in some ways justifiable concern is that with all the gun handling going on that there may (and have been in the past) an accidential/negligent discharge.

If I recall correctly a few yers ago some idiot put a bullet into the roof of the coliseum at the fairgrounds.

jac714 is correct. I was there this morning and OH MY GOD it was a sea of humanity! I have never had to wait in a line to get in the door before but I did this morning. I had a couple of things on my list and ended up walking out the door and headed to the Frontiersman to purchase something that I was looking for and for a better price then I could find at the show.

rtk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

I convinced my lovely wife to accompany me to the show. Good company but I overlooked the supervision aspect ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:23 pm 

Glad to hear that they aren't enforcing it.

Did anybody get a good deal on anything? Any private parties selling rifles there?

I can still go tomorrow if it's worth the cost of gas and admission....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:33 am 

MN4x4 wrote:

Did anybody get a good deal on anything? Any private parties selling rifles there?

I dropped my wife and 4 year old daughter of at MOA. Took my 4 year old son the the gun show with me. Hit the door about 1400. The crowds reminded me of a bussy day at the state fair.... I was able to get in a good recon of the whole place to scout for what I NEEDED! Alot of it was done with a 4 Y/O in a dessert camo boony cap sitting on my shoulders.

Private selling and buying from each other as your walking the isles. Even outside as people are coming and going.

Was about to make deal with DPMS on an AR chambered in 308 (My Son pipes up "Daddy you like?"...my reply "Ohhh dady liiike") when one of the DPMS guys came in and said "Pack everything up, what we have left has just been bought." :shock: Turned out one of the owners from M.A.B out of Apple Valley bought up EVERYTHING they had,,,,, including the black table cloths. I had overherd one of the DPMS guys saying prior to this, that they had clean off their shelves back at the Bat Cave (me calling it the bat cave not him) to bring all they could to the show. Any way I would guess M.A.B bought up about 20 of the rifles and uppers that DPMS had left and this was about 1600 today. DPMS AINT going to be there this Sunday. From the size of the area and the empty table space they had prior to the "last sale of the day" they must have sold one heck of alot of stuff. All the outer tables were empty. All they had left was on the inner ring of tables.

Any who, I was kicking tires over at M.A.B earleir in the day. They had a DPMS SASS I drooled on, awsome ride, good price, but it was still to rich for my blood. Being the good natured guy that I am, I had to give him grief about poaching the rifle out from under me :twisted: . Well to shorten up something that has gotten to long winded already. I ended up buying the rifle from M.A.B. along with a few other odds and ends. It cost me alot less out the door through them, then it would have for just the rifle if I had bought from DPMS. :D :D :D

Now I need to put some optics on my new ride...

Remember:
"There'e the price you payed. The price you said you payed. The price you pay when she finds out the price you paid"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:56 am 
Longtime Regular

I didn't see any spectacular prices. Some guy had a bag of 200 9mm assorted bullets from his reloading mistakes, Wanted $20 for it.

Bought the only good deal I found was getting critical spare parts for the M14, M1 and Sistema without having to pay for shipping.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

firemedic5586 wrote:
M.A.B out of Apple Valley

Who dat?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:14 am 
The Man

jac714 wrote:

That one I hadn't heard about. I was around for the time that some moron shot a .22 at the floor and hit another guy in the leg, though, but that was at the St. Paul Civic Center.

And there was the time -- again at St. Paul -- where there was a loud bang, and everybody was sure it was a shot . . . but it turned out to have been something falling on the roof.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:15 am 
Longtime Regular

farmerj wrote:
I didn't see any spectacular prices. Some guy had a bag of 200 9mm assorted bullets from his reloading mistakes, Wanted $20 for it.

I suppose the brass and bullets might have been worth that. But why risk selling it to some gomer who is going to shoot them instead of disassemble them?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:46 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
farmerj wrote:

I suppose the brass and bullets might have been worth that. But why risk selling it to some gomer who is going to shoot them instead of disassemble them?

All the bullets were his pull downs. Mix Match of plated / jacketed, Different brands. Some had been sealed in the case, some had not. Didn't even all look to be the same weight.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:36 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

There was a shot fired at a show further south, like Rochester or Mankato, in the last couple years. Was that the guy who hung his pistol on the coat hook?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:40 pm 

MN4x4 wrote:

Hi,
I went to the show to look for some holsters-- Not much to be had--

There were some guys selling rifles "off of their backs" but nothing that I was looking for-- I would like to buy a Mini 14 or AK from a private party so US is out of the loop-- So anyways maybe next year--

As for the no loaded guns rule-- I know a lady that works at the fair-- One Word - Insurance and State Fair Police - OK so make that five words

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:12 pm 
Delicate Flower

Quote:
As for the no loaded guns rule-- I know a lady that works at the fair-- One Word - Insurance and State Fair Police Chief - OK so make that five words

fixed it for you.............Word from a PT State Fair officer is the chief says no very emphatically.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.