Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:16 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 But I thought England banned all handguns!!!!! 
 Post subject: But I thought England banned all handguns!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:18 am 
Longtime Regular

:roll:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/03/01/uk.rapshooting.reut/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:10 am 
Longtime Regular

I think banning rap concerts would cut more crime than guns.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: But I thought England banned all handguns!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:42 am 
Delicate Flower

Incorrect.

England (or more properly the United Kingdom) is stull full of legally owned shotguns, rifles, and single shot .22 target pistols, together with many many black powder firearms.

Section 1 firearms (ie. Semi-auto pistols, revolvers that hold more than one round, pump and auto shotguns etc) were banned by the Firearm control act. Of course, none of the illegally owned guns were affected :roll: thus the 'Homies' and other assorted lowlifes are still able to use their 'fowtys' to display their manliness and general hardassery without risking mozambique from a person acting in self defence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:14 am 
Longtime Regular

Didn't the recent bank heist in England involve several handguns??

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:26 am 
Longtime Regular

At the last count, there are 8 times more illegal handguns on the UK streets, than before the 97 law, making a doubling of previous handgun total, both legal and illegal.
PS if you want to buy a firearm in Europe, go to France, where you can buy ANY part without restriction.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:30 pm 
Delicate Flower

Selurcspi wrote:
At the last count, there are 8 times more illegal handguns on the UK streets, than before the 97 law, making a doubling of previous handgun total, both legal and illegal.
PS if you want to buy a firearm in Europe, go to France, where you can buy ANY part without restriction.

I wonder how they counted the illegal guns?

Maybe they totalled the number of people shot, added the number of holes, then divided by the number of rounds in a typical magazine to get the figure.

'There are lies, damned lies, and statistics' - Mark Twain (I think)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:08 am 
Longtime Regular

The numbers come from the Home Office (State Department) and are regularly published by the reliable (TIC) media outlets along with other information like the handgun involved crime has tripled since the 97 law.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:50 pm 
Delicate Flower

Selurcspi wrote:
The numbers come from the Home Office (State Department) and are regularly published by the reliable (TIC) media outlets along with other information like the handgun involved crime has tripled since the 97 law.

Ah...but how do they get them? Do they survey the bad guys anonymously? or is it, perish the thought, someone's guess? What they really mean is: Violent gun crime has increased 8 fold since the ban on private ownership. Of course they can't say it that way because that would show their legislation is a crock, so they 'spin' the figures to show themselves in the best light.

Having worked for 15 years for the Home Office, I believe them as much as I believe the State Department.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.