Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:48 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 A .410 and a few questions 
 Post subject: A .410 and a few questions
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/82 ... etail.html

A .410 shotgun is not a home defense weapon. The home owner was successful in defending his life, his sons life and to some extent his property.

So I find this stuff interesting. In this case stuff consists of people around the country/world successfully using firearms for their defense, as well as local info on bad guys using firearms or generally being bad. The first is because I like to see that other people are able to successfully do something I hope I never have to, and the second is about situational awareness.

The questions are: Is this something other people are interested in? Is there another web site that already catalogs this type of stuff? Or if it would be useful to post on this site, is this the correct forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well if you like that article then get your daily dose at http://www.keepandbeararms.com/ Local Bruce Kraft participate frequently in collecting the same type of stories along with many others into a daily one stop "news fix"

Be sure and check out the right column for collection areas - you will be interested in the Opsed (Operation Self Defense) link.

Happy reading - I check it on nearly a daily basis.

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well, there's Clayton Cramer's Civilian Gun Defense Blog at http://www.claytoncramer.com/gundefense ... ogger.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

I think that I could make a pretty good case that a shotgun is a good home defense weapon although I would stay with a 20 ga. at least.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.