Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:45 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 SHORT NOTICE!!! EFFEN OCB Breakfast at the Gopher April 4th 
 Post subject: SHORT NOTICE!!! EFFEN OCB Breakfast at the Gopher April 4th
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:57 pm 

Sorry for the short notice, but I have been out of the country (and off dry land) for about the last two months, but Cheri and I want to try and make this happen anyway. But first, for those of you newbs who are not used to the quaint social customes of the Gopher bar at East 7th and Wacouta in St. Paul:

Yes, it's time to show off your EFFEN hardware in plain EFFEN view during a delicious breakfast buffet of coffee, tea, OJ, hash browns, bacon, sausage, french toast and other stuff for $10 bucks. About half the price of a box of wimpy 38 Spl. ammo these days, and don't even ask what 500 S&W is going for!!!(As if I gave a F**k..... - I handload!!!!) The official rules are that the $10 spot goes in the brown <a href="http://www.carryforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=61">Sponsor CarryForum</a> at the start of the buffet, and if you have EFFEN Gopher coneys instead you only pay for those. If you are a real EFFEN chloresterol hog and want both, then you pay $10 and whatever the coneys cost. Coffee, tea and OJ are included, but if you want a delicious EFFEN Gopher Bloody Mary you buy that yourself.

Due to the short notice, please send in your headcount on only ONE of the two forums by 9 AM THIS WEDNESDAY morning!!! We need a critical mass of at least 20 gunaholics to make this happen, but we can handle up to 60 people. As far as I can tell, there isn't Jack Shit happening around here, so EFFEN reply already and make it EFFEN fast!!!

And once again for the newbs, this is not a joke, this is not a test, and this is not a drill. This is the REAL EFFEN Open Carry Deal!!! If you don't have at least one gun in plain view, George will probably say something about your momma making 25 cents off Obama last night, and I'm not kidding!!! You need to stand outside and have a smoke break with your gun showing, nobody gives a Flying F**K!!! Right, Hammar and Strad??

So get back to me ASAP, and be there or be square!!! In addition, if you need a holster, you might want to post what you need so Srigs can bring it with him! Anybody got any old brass they don't want anymore, bring that too!! Yo!! Srigs!! I just bought a new SIG P226 Elite Stainless WITH rail in .357 SIG!! You got a right hand IWB for it, bring it along!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'll come to your effen breakfast. I'll even bring my effen wife. You effen happy now? Tell George to hide any more cool t-shirts. My effen wife couldn't leave the place without buying one of the goram things last time.

For any newbs who have not been, this is a truly fantastic breakfast buffet. It's also a good chance to walk your dog in the open air. If you're lucky, you might even meet Sam. He'll be the only one there who's almost as good-looking as me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:39 pm 

While a very nice guy with a wonderful wife and a cute kid, bensdad is still full of shyte. HammAR and I have ugly contests every month, and there's never any clear winner. Bensdad is a normal guy with passable looks. I'm the EFFEN bogeyman of the Gopher bar in more ways than one.... Bad looks, bad breath, (especially after a couple of EFFEN Gopher coneys!!) bad attitude, and HALF A POUND of 50GI ammo up the pipe and in the clip!! If you want a giggle, go over to the Daycare Center and read my response to some prissy geezer who was genuinely offended by the card on the original post. JFC!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

I've never been able to go to one of these, but I'm fairly certain I'll be in town that day.

Question though, time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

Damn, I'll be on the road next weekend. :?

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Started at 9:00am last time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:36 pm 

:x :x DRAT!

I will be in Duluth for Dad's 65th - next time for sure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:13 pm 

Put me down for 4 you effen effer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:36 am 
Journeyman Member

Eff yeah, I'll be there. Effer.

On second thought, put me down for two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:59 am 

The little lady and I will effen be there! We'll try to drag the effen neighbors along, too.

TomK
Mpls, MN

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:50 am 

OK people, we have critical mass for this event, but there's room for more, so if a few of you on this board want to call up a few fellow CW permit holders to alert them to the event, please do it NOW!! Make sure they get back to me by 9AM Wednesday!! Thanks to everyone planning to come. Breakfast starts at 9AM Saturday!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:24 am 
Journeyman Member

Can't say as we'll make it...too much snow hitting us in a few short hours...14+ and then more for the way on the weekend....critters certainly wouldn't let us leave for a few days in storms like that....and 4 wheel drive just isn't gonna cut it this time.

Have fun -- I know we enjoyed it last time we were there!!! Learned a ton, got some great advice, and got a sideways glance from George until I took my vest off!!!

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:52 am 
Longtime Regular

diamondsj wrote:
Can't say as we'll make it...too much snow hitting us in a few short hours...14+ and then more for the way on the weekend....critters certainly wouldn't let us leave for a few days in storms like that....and 4 wheel drive just isn't gonna cut it this time.

Have fun -- I know we enjoyed it last time we were there!!! Learned a ton, got some great advice, and got a sideways glance from George until I took my vest off!!!

:wink:

Where abouts exactly are you??? :shock:

<-- May have to ready the Plow Truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:03 pm 

If I remember correctly, diamondsj is actually NOT a resident of Minnesota, but SD!! Which makes her showing up at the last breakfast REALLY specialy, and also explains why she isn't going anywhere for about a week. If she does live in Minnesota, she can definitely put one of her pistol bullets into SD from where she lives, so she's at Ground Zero right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:09 pm 
Journeyman Member

We are in SD, within a few miles of MN...the snow is holding off because of the strong east wind right now...they've said that we can expect it to hit now around 9 tonight and last through tomorrow night...blizzard conditions beginning around 11 p.m......

We are close to Watertown SD, take a look on www.keloland.com, we're the area that has that pretty shade of PURPLE for snowfall amounts...ya know, the 14+ area!! lol...have fun at the breakfast, and yeah, if you are bored, we'll take a plow truck here...our snowblower may not blow the heavy wet stuff very well and a plow truck is always a welcome sight down our township road..... 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.