Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:04 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 MN DNR Gun Auction! 
 Post subject: MN DNR Gun Auction!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:40 am 
Longtime Regular

There's a pretty good sized gun auction coming up on May 2nd in Zimmerman MN.

Wish I had a couple Thousand bucks burning a hole in my pocket. There's a few guns on the list I wouldn't mind having.

Here's the link.

http://www.hillerauction.com/may2.htm

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:24 pm 
On time out

hiller is the worst of the local auction houses. The usually charge a ten or twenty percent buyers fee at the check out window. They also post shills to get bidding up.

Last edited by 1911fan on Fri May 08, 2009 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Nice info to know..........especially since I was unaware of their 'practices'.

Thanks.

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

This auction has also been so well publicized there is no way there will be any deals.

I might go just to get my freak on. It's been ages since the State Fair. Then again, maybe I'll just go to a buffet and take in the sights.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

But Image Looks cute. I could use something cute like that in my safe.

Quote:
holler is the worst of the local auction houses. The usually charge a ten or twenty percent buyers fee at the check out window. They also post shills to get bidding up.
But thanks, 1911fan. It'd be a shame to get there and then be all disappointed in jacked prices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:
holler is the worst of the local auction houses. The usually charge a ten or twenty percent buyers fee at the check out window. They also post shills to get bidding up.

Do you have proof they post schills in the audience?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:37 pm 

Anyone go to this? Any good deals found?

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:54 pm 
On time out

JimC wrote:
1911fan wrote:

a few years ago my former company hired them to sell surplus model home furniture. I was the one who helped move the furniture at the warehouse to the loading dock. the same guys who picked up the furniture were the ones who were responding to nods' from the auctioneer to boost bidding.

Secondly, the furniture we had was all name brand, top notch stuff, Lexington, Bob Timberlake, Lane and others, they padded the whole auction with absolute crapola from who knows where after telling us that the auction would be ours exclusively. They then kept telling the audience that furniture was all from us, was all name brand, and was all less than two years old. That was all a lie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:
JimC wrote:
1911fan wrote:

a few years ago my former company hired them to sell surplus model home furniture. I was the one who helped move the furniture at the warehouse to the loading dock. the same guys who picked up the furniture were the ones who were responding to nods' from the auctioneer to boost bidding.

Secondly, the furniture we had was all name brand, top notch stuff, Lexington, Bob Timberlake, Lane and others, they padded the whole auction with absolute crapola from who knows where after telling us that the auction would be ours exclusively. They then kept telling the audience that furniture was all from us, was all name brand, and was all less than two years old. That was all a lie.

ALL furniture liquidators do this. It's a business. They are not going to sell an inventory for less than cost. When they don't get the target, they use a "friendly" bidder.

Having the truckers bid is logical; they'll load it up after the auction!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:06 am 

Brother and friends went - they didn't even get a chance to see the guns before the auction started (slow line) - and they didn't do any sort of order, whatever gun was run to the stage first, was the next on the block.

Brother and friends walked away as it started...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:50 am 
On time out

DIck, its NOT how all places do business.

they are not a liquidator buying stock and clearing it out, they are merely the facilitator of the sale. You will never get a check from them before the auction. Therefore, it is not up to them how they run things when they promise to run things on the up and up and only to include your items in the sale. Believe me, four semi loads of furniture was enough to stock any auction, the only reason they padded it was to sell their own crap and perhaps, (we all thought there were things not sold, but in four truck loads its hard to say) keep some of our good stuff for themselves.

Four years later we hired another firm from the south area of the metro, thy ran it off perfectly, just as agreed to, and with no filler, no shills, we did not get as high a price as we might have, but we were able to hold our heads up to our customers who had gone to buy stuff from the models for their homes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.