Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:09 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Left some 9mm, 40 and 45 at Hastings Wal-Mart 
 Post subject: Left some 9mm, 40 and 45 at Hastings Wal-Mart
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:44 am 
Journeyman Member

They had WWB 100-pack 9mm for $20, some CCI Blazer 40, and some .45 auto. Get 'em while you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

Thanks for the heads up.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:49 pm 

I stopped in here on the way home (i live nearby in Woodbury) - the 9mm, .40, and .45 were all gone.

Damn shame, I need .45 ;)
b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:48 am 

I was going to post my Wal-Mart ammo story a couple of weeks ago, but figured I wouldn't since there are so many ammo shortage threads already.

But what the heck.

I went to Wal-Mart in Hastings on April 26th about 2PM with my wife and two children to pick up the usual diapers, TP, household items, etc.

We are there about 2 to 3 times a month and I always wander to the ammo shelf just to see if anything is there never expecting much.

Over the last 3 months or so I've seen one lone box of .38spl WWB (which I purchased) and another box of .44Mag, which I left since I don't own a 44Mag.

As usual, my wife and kid pass the sporting goods and head to the toy area 2 aisles over while I check out the ammo.

Success! I'm looking at Blazer Brass .40S&W stacked 4 deep and I think maybe 6 or so high.

Being on a budget 4 boxes is about all I could afford, and to not fuel the fire of PANIC buying that is all I would take anyway.

I took them, caught up with the family, and placed them in the cart. Giddy at my find, I forgot I needed some Sheath (which I hear isn't available any longer. :x )

Anyway, I venture back immediately, maybe 50 feet, couldn't have been longer than 2 minutes.

Gone. GONE! All of it! Gone! I couldn't believe my eyes.

The rest of the Wal-Mart visit I could only picture a guy lurking and watching me as I grabbed the 4 boxes. I bet he was thinking "Please don't take it all, please don't take it all! LOL!

On a happy note, I'm glad I'm not the one who bought the whole lot.
The quality of the Blazer Brass I purchased deserves a whole new thread.

There you have it, my Hastings Wal-mart ammo experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:52 am 
Journeyman Member

Too bad, the .45 was there for about 2 days before it was sold- just a day or so before the 9mm/40 showed up.

I or my wife check it 3-5 times a week. In the last three months I've scored ammo there 4 times, including a couple hundred rounds of the elusive .380!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:05 pm 

Was there today this afternoon. One lonely box of WWB 32 Auto is still there if anybody is interested in finding it a home.

:!:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.