Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Need a good FFL holder / store 
 Post subject: Need a good FFL holder / store
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:12 am 

I need a recommendation for an FFL holder / store that has reasonable transfer fees.

I need this because I'm probably going to end up having some guns shipped from Texas to a gun store in Minnesota to take possession of once I have my PTP. I was supposed to have gotten them already (they've been on order since early January), but whereas before, I could have easily afforded the items I want and purchased them in South Florida where I currently live, they never came in, and all of a sudden my LGS is telling me that when they arrive, I have to pay him about double what he originally quoted. He can keep the guns. I think it is unfair for him to quote me a price, have me special order the item (I even offered to pay for it in advance) and then later if it comes in say, "Well, that was the price then... it's twice as much now." Good thing he didn't take my money originally or I'd be locked in to the sale. It's not entirely his fault, I realize some distributors are being greedy, but when the order was placed in January, and I'm in and out of that shop constantly, bought 8 guns from them since I placed that order, spending over $12,000 at that store since I placed that order, the least he could have done was early on say, "Hey man, sorry - if we do get it, unfortunately it's going to be twice as expensive, you might want to call around and see if any other shops have it."

So, anyways I found a place (via recommendation on another forum) that does a lot of business and is well known and trusted, can get what I want, and has reasonable prices (I guess there are some people who aren't trying to take advantage of the panic sweeping across the gun community). So, I was going to send them the money now and order the few things I want, and have them shipped to an FFL in Minnesota.

A reliable, trustworthy FFL holder / store with quality people working there and reasonable transfer fees would be great.

Also while we're at it, I'd love some recommendations for stores in the general area of the Twin Cities including suburbs that has good prices and again - quality trustworthy staff.

Thanks! :)

I AM willing to drive as much as 50-60 miles from downtown Minneapolis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:32 am 
Longtime Regular

BPR - $20 - here is his ffl: http://www.bvpistol.com/ffl.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:51 am 
Longtime Regular

tepin wrote:
BPR - $20 - here is his ffl: http://www.bvpistol.com/ffl.htm

+1 for BPR. Roger and Sue are great folks (Don too, but I don't think he's got an ownership interest in the place :lol:)

Best two stores in the metro (especially for price) IMO are Gunstop in Minnetonka and Frontiersman in Minneapolis. Koscielski's is also supposedly good, I just haven't been in there.

I've actually found a decent guy to deal with at Bill's Gun Shop in Robbinsdale, but their prices are still high.

But for basic FFL transfers? Burnsville Pistol Range (BPR), without a doubt.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:20 am 
Longtime Regular

What mrokern said, times two.

GunStop doesn't have a web site, but they share retail space with the best reloading shop in town, which shares the same name (seriously!):

GunStop gun store phone: 952-474-4570
GunStop reloading shop phone: 952-474-0211
GunStop reloading web site: www.gunstop.com

Frontiersman doesn't have a web site either; their address is 6925 Wayzata Blvd, St. Louis Park, MN 55426. Their number is 952-544-3775.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:14 am 
Longtime Regular

Summit Gun Broker is also known for very low FFL fees. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:22 pm 

Here's a good way to locate your options:

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

If you're in the NW metro send me a PM and I'll give you the name of the guy I've used in the past for receiving firearms.

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:38 pm 

Ron over at Ammocraft has always treated me very well...

http://www.gobblerspecialties.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:12 am 

www.pboinc.com

Mike Coffey is the man, I've been a customer for years. Excellent service and a great guy to deal with. Highly recommended.

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:54 am 

boomingmetropolis wrote:
www.pboinc.com

Mike Coffey is the man, I've been a customer for years. Excellent service and a great guy to deal with. Highly recommended.

I'll second this recommendation -- I've purchased ammo from Mike and have yet to use his FFL xfer service, but I've enjoyed my interactions with him.. plus he's 1/2 mile from me ;)
B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:21 pm 

boomingmetropolis wrote:
www.pboinc.com

I just did a transfer through Mike this week. He responded to my emails/calls very quickly (even on the weekend) and his fee was very reasonable ($20). I'm very satisfied and will definitely use him again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

ComradeBurg wrote:
Ron over at Ammocraft has always treated me very well...

http://www.gobblerspecialties.com/

I'll second the nomination for Ron Becker at ammocraft. Tell him Bud sent you. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.