Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:22 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Twins Game 
 Post subject: Twins Game
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:28 am 
Longtime Regular

I haven't been to a Twins game in years. We have tickets tonight. Can anyone tell me what I can expect as far as a search is concerned? Do they pat you down like at the Vikings games?

Thanks for your help.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:34 am 
Longtime Regular

We went last Saturday. No pat down. They were looking in purses. and at obvious pocket bulges but not terribly closely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:25 am 
Longtime Regular

I've carried at the dome about 12 times last year and this year. no worries. They only check bags.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:38 am 

I will be there tonight, too. I don't feel like getting hassled...so I was going to pocket carry my P3at. However, there is an obvious bulge where the weapon sits in my pant pocket, so they may choose to give it a look. I do have a IWB for the P3at, but I don't find it very comfortable when sitting for long periods of time. Maybe I should carry my Colt OWB under a jacket....I don't know......

Which method of carry would you choose for the Twins game?

"Undoubtedly some think the Second Amendment is outmoded in a society where our standing army is the pride of our Nation, where well-trained police forces provide personal security, and where gun violence is a serious problem. That is perhaps debatable, but what is not debatable is that it is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct."--Justice Scalia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:47 am 
Longtime Regular

The first time I carried I had my S&W M&P in a SGH IWB holster and the butt was banging on the seat all night. Now I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 in a SGH IWB holster and I don't have much of a problem. I wear an extra long t-shirt so when the Twins make a great play and I pump my fists in the air, it stays concealed.

I seriously doubt they would ever check your pockets. If that's a concern, carry it in the dome IWB, then head to the can to transfer it to your pocket.

I don't know if this matters, but I always carry a buttpack with me with peanuts, a bottle of water, and maybe some other snacks. I open it up when I approach and that's all they care about, like perhaps it's a diversion. Sunday they didn't even want to look in my binocular case (I used to carry beer in it when I was in college).

I figure the worst case, they find it, turn me away, and I go to a different gate, or go back to my car and lock up my pistol and then return.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

I carry my Kahr Arms P9 in a Tuckergunleather IWB tuckable holster. It is very comfortable sitting, standing, walking, whatever. Thanks everyone for the update on their procedures and Lenny for reminding me to bring binoculars.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:38 pm 
Journeyman Member

Seems like it will be a well attended game tonight. I am also going tonight.

Planned to have the p11 in a pocket holster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:48 pm 

I've never had a problem at Twins games (approx 10 last year). I was most recently at the Dome 2 Fridays ago (Mauer's 1st game back :) ) and had no issues then either. XD9 IWB

Vikings games are a different story in my experience: The way I get felt up by those guards, I'd never consider carrying

Wild @ Xcel: No problems in 6 games this past season, pretty similar to the Twins

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Vikes: Never had my crotch felt up. Must not be their type.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:34 pm 
Journeyman Member

I carry my Kel-tek RA-9 9mm either IWB holster or on my right foot. Haven't had a problem.

Or I will wear my boots and carry on my ankle, never had a problem at a vikings game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:37 pm 

plblark wrote:

Maybe they couldn't reach that high :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:14 am 
Raving Moderate

plblark wrote:

Exactly. I've been known, on occasion, to, um, crotch carry my P3AT through security, then stop in the men's room to put it back in my pocket.

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:30 am 
Journeyman Member

I've used an ankle holster for events in the winter at Xcel, with a j frame. I also tuck my Benchmade folder behind my belt buckle and move it back to my pocket after I'm inside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:13 am 
Longtime Regular

Not a problem last night, they didn’t even stop us or give us a second glance. We walked right in. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:57 am 

I went to a Twins game last summer, no pat-down or anything. Went to a Wild game earlier this year and was patted just behind my right hip, where I would have something IWB and they touched my jacket on my left shoulder, pulled the jacket open--like he was looking for a shoulder rig. But, in either case no crotch touching: smartcarry =).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.