Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 WV law change 
 Post subject: WV law change
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

308Mike from another site wrote:
From NRA-ILA:

Quote:
[center]Right-To-Carry Reciprocity Reform Bill Becomes Law in West Virginia[/center]

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On May 8, Governor Joe Manchin, III (D) signed House Bill 3314 into law. This important bill makes significant changes to the concealed carry statutes in West Virginia.

The new law regarding reciprocity will allow more states to enter into reciprocity agreements with West Virginia and vice versa. HB 3314 will also remove a permit holder’s social security number from their permit and require the process of reissuing permits to fall under the same 45-day deadline as issuing permits. Lastly, out of state non-resident permits will now be recognized as valid in West Virginia.

Please contact the Governor’s office and thank him for signing this important pro-gun legislation. Also, please contact your legislators and thank them for all their hard work this session. You can find your legislator’s contact information here. To contact Governor Manchin, please call toll-free at 1-(800) 438-2731 or email him at Governor@WVGov.org.

WV now recognizes any permit.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:42 am 
Activist Extraordinaire

Excellent news. My mother and sister live in Berkeley Springs, and I can now be safe while visiting them, although I'll still have to pass through the People's Repubic of Maryland to get there.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: WV law change
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:48 am 
Forum Moderator

No it does not. Read the law. It only recognizes permits from other States if that State has a reciprocity agreement with WV. The big change is that it will honor non-resident permits. So, under that provision your Utah or FL permit is valid now in WV, but a MN permit is not.

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:04 am 
The Man

Yes. Florida now adds WV. I'm happy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: WV law change
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:51 am 
Longtime Regular

phorvick wrote:

No it does not. Read the law. It only recognizes permits from other States if that State has a reciprocity agreement with WV. The big change is that it will honor non-resident permits. So, under that provision your Utah or FL permit is valid now in WV, but a MN permit is not.

Crap. Can I blame my whiny kids for my reading comprehension?

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:51 am 
Longtime Regular

Works for me. Nice to add a state.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:53 pm 
The Man

Very cool, and it may be that the NRA had some role in moving this forward; I wonder who the NRA rep was.

I don't mean to be mean, and all, but I want him or her here. We get Chris Rager, who means well, but, well, bumbles and doesn't keep his promises. (Sorry, Chris; just tellin' it like it is.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:13 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

I have Utah and Florida, so I'm still covered in WV, where the family tree doesn't branch.

(My mom hates it when I make that joke)

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.