Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:27 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Permit holder gets a gun on to an airplane 
 Post subject: Permit holder gets a gun on to an airplane
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

Permit holder gets a gun on to an airplane...

Quote:
FBI: Airline worker helped roommate get gun on jet
6/6/09
Dale, Associated Press Writer
story link

PHILADELPHIA — The FBI charged a US Airways employee with helping his roommate get a concealed, semiautomatic handgun onto a plane departing Philadelphia early Thursday.
Customer service agent Roshid Milledge switched black carry-on bags with passenger Damien Young at the gate so Young could board the 7 am flight to Phoenix with the unloaded 9 mm weapon, the FBI said in an affidavit.

Young, 29, was moving to Phoenix and had asked Milledge about the procedures for transporting guns. Milledge, 38, instead agreed to carry the bag through an employee entrance so it would not be screened by security.

An alert fellow passenger saw the switch and, sensing that Milledge seemed "fidgety," raised concerns. Young, already on the plane, allegedly denied to a US Airways manager that he had switched bags with anyone. The plane then started to taxi, but was soon called back to the gate so Young could be removed.

He then admitted the bag was his and both men gave statements, the FBI said. Milledge told agents he had grabbed the wrong laptop bag from their Philadelphia home that morning and was switching it back.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: US Airways
The gun is registered to Young, and he had a valid permit to carry it, authorities said.

The men were in federal custody late Thursday with court appearances expected in the next few days. Neither had a listed telephone number, and they did not appear to be represented by counsel.

The Transportation Security Administration declined comment because of the FBI investigation, spokeswoman Ann Davis said.

US Airways Flight 1195 departed Philadelphia several hours later. In a statement, the Tempe, Ariz.-based airline said only that additional passenger screening took place "after a concern was raised about a carry-on bag."

"We are cooperating with investigators fully and take security considerations very seriously," said the statement issued by spokesman Morgan Durrant.
[/quote]

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

I think this rates as Stupid Gun Stuff... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:33 pm 
The Man

tman065 wrote:
Yup. There's a simple, easy, safe, lawful way to get a gun on a plane to transport it -- these clowns picked a complicated, difficult, risky, and unlawful way. Kinda a quadfecta.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

While Young is an idiot, his roommate, Milledge is just plain stupid. He knows the rules, and while they can be complicated for, say, my 5 year old, they are not for any adult with an IQ above room temp.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:13 pm 

joelr wrote:
tman065 wrote:
Yup. There's a simple, easy, safe, lawful way to get a gun on a plane to transport it -- these clowns picked a complicated, difficult, risky, and unlawful way. Kinda a quadfecta.

Yup, for extra cost. Which is what I'm guessing this guy wanted to avoid.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Q_Continuum wrote:
joelr wrote:
tman065 wrote:

Yup, for extra cost. Which is what I'm guessing this guy wanted to avoid.

Checked bag is a checked bag. Sucks, but until sheep start telling the airlines to shove it en-masse...

Doesn't make this guy less of a moron.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hearing crap like this is what makes me so pissed that we're still taking off our shoes to get through security. You can get anything on a plane if you really want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:55 am 
Journeyman Member

Both of these morons should go to jail. Just an opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:05 am 
The Man

We're assuming that they're stupid, not hijackers pleading out on a lesser. That may turn out to be a fair conclusion, but I'm not sure it's right to assume it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:53 am 

I am inclined to believe that there is more to the story than what we know. It just doesn't make sense as reported. They both had to know that what they were doing was a federal offense. For one thing it's in the permit training the traveler took, and in the the employee training for the gate agent. And they had to know that there was a good chance they would get caught. I'm a big believer in Hanlon's razor but I'm not convinced it applies in this case.

Who knows what they were really up to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

I think more stuff like this happens on a daily basis than we will ever know about (and by we, I mean everyone who is not a criminal). I mean, here are just 2 examples that did get some media light:
Jet blue
TSA
Makes me wonder.

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.