Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Media is at it again 
 Post subject: Media is at it again
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 am 

So I happen to be watching the Mcglaughlin Group on PBS last Sunday. They talk about the recent shooting at the museum in DC. They even have some animation to illustrate the crime. It is incredibly primitive animation. Literally looks like it was done by a grade schooler, and I do not misuse the word "literally". Actually I'm confident there are many many kids who could have done a better job. The figure with the rifle lifted his right arm and fired it, one handed. There was a little star shaped splash to indicate a bullet impact (it did not say ZAP or KAPOWIE! ala the Batman TV series, but it was about that lame).

Keep in mind that there is no need for this animation. They aren't demonstrating some particular physical orientation that is key to understanding the crime, there is no bullet path through the governor that supposedly doesn't align with the path through the president, there is no grassy knoll. The animation adds nothing to the basic facts, described by the words... a guy walked in to the museum with a rifle and started shooting people.

So why is BAB blathering on about this? The rifle they used in the animation (I'll give you one guess)... yep an EBR, an M-16. Even though, as far as I've been able to discern from the press reports, which have been incredibly tight lipped on the subject (can you imagine how loose lipped they'd have been had a so called assault weapon been used :roll: ) the rifle he actually used was a .22, was not even semi-auto, and was many decades old :bang:

The media is congenitally unable to tell the truth when it comes to so called assault weapons.

Can you imagine if they had used an 'evil' black man to depict the shooter, who was actually white? There would have been howls of criticism at the implied racism, not to mention basic factual error, and rightly so. But somehow the parallel smuggled connotation about the 'evil' black rifle is just fine.

And guess what... I don't own an assault weapon. I don't have a horse in this race, so to speak. It is just un-freakin- believable how constant is the media's inability to 'get it right' when it comes to their coverage and attitude about so called assault weapons.

So somebody enlighten me please... what was the rifle he actually used, where did you find the information, and how long did it take you to finally find a report that mentions this basic fact of the crime?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.