Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:52 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 1911 help! 
 Post subject: Re: 1911 help!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

3Crowns wrote:
DeanC wrote:
Or wait for Bill's Shooter's Show next month and shoot a bunch for free.

I did not know about that. Where can I find more info about that?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Sounds like you should rent a few. Or wait for Bill's Shooter's Show next month and shoot a bunch for free.

FYI to the OP, Springfield usually has their entire lineup of 1911s represented there. Very dangerous to the wallet.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:53 pm 

Two notes..

First, I was at Bill's north today with 2 Kimbers (Ultra CDP II and Custom CDP II) and a SA Mil-Spec.. about 600 rounds between the three - and except for one failure caused entirely by my lack of a firm grip, not a single malfunction.

Second, at Cabelas a few days ago, in the Gun Library at the Rogers Store, there was a nearly new SA Loaded 5" model that was around $720 or so if I remember right -- which is a darn good price for a used one with as little wear as this one had.

b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

bstrawse wrote:
Two notes..

First, I was at Bill's north today with 2 Kimbers (Ultra CDP II and Custom CDP II) and a SA Mil-Spec.. about 600 rounds between the three - and except for one failure caused entirely by my lack of a firm grip, not a single malfunction.

Second, at Cabelas a few days ago, in the Gun Library at the Rogers Store, there was a nearly new SA Loaded 5" model that was around $720 or so if I remember right -- which is a darn good price for a used one with as little wear as this one had.

b

If I had the cash, I'd be running for that Springfield Loaded.

3Crowns, if you can scrounge up the coin, the Loaded model is very, very, very nice.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:18 pm 

The online gun library page for Cabelas shows it's still there -- it's $749.00 - it looked to me to be in great shape. I had just bought my mil-spec a month or so ago so it didn't make sense to me to buy another pistol so soon :)

b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:02 pm 
In the time out chair

if you go to cabela's for this one, remember Cabela used prices are HIGHLY inflated from their sell price. Getting them to drop a used gun price 20% or more is common. All they can do is say no so ask a lowball number.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.