Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:39 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Possible cougar sighting in Eagan 
 Post subject: Re: Possible cougar sighting in Eagan
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:32 pm 
Wise Elder

I'm getting too old. I didn't think of a four-legged animal.

Post subject: Re: Possible cougar sighting in Eagan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:39 am 

I was speaking with a police officer from a city along the Minnesota River, and his comment was that they get about 8 - 10 "unconfirmed" reports of cougars in the river bottoms each year. That many "unconfirmed" sightings leads me to believe that there is something living down there. His other comment was that most of the lost pets generally show up sooner or later, and that the coyotes and cougars have enough other wildlife to prey on that they don't usually hunt in the city proper. We hear coyotes howling all winter long and we are in the city! IMHO the reason they keep telling us that they are just animals passing thru is to avoid the panic if people really knew what was living close to them. Having lived in San Diego years back, there are cougars all over in the canyons there, and sightings all year around. Very few incidents of them attacking people though, although there have been a few lately.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.