Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:15 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 NRA In Battle - Phuck, I Already Renewed! 
 Post subject: NRA In Battle - Phuck, I Already Renewed!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

I held my nose when I did it, but I renewed the old membership.

Could someone out there definitively advise what other options there are for a good pro 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States organization that would tolerate me as a member?

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/09/17/caught-in-the-crossfire

Quote:
By W. James Antle, III from the September 2010 issue

In a ritual as predictable as hunting season, it's another election year and people are once again gunning for the National Rifle Association. Only this time the powerful gun-rights group and bête noire of the left is taking friendly fire -- from activists on the right who are growing increasingly impatient with the NRA for taking stands at odds with the rest of the conservative movement.

"I'm beside myself," veteran conservative leader Richard Viguerie told TAS. "It's really sad. The NRA's leadership has become part of the problem in Washington." While Viguerie's tone is more in sorrow than in anger, Erick Erickson of the popular conservative blog RedState has emerged as scathing critic of the NRA, calling it "a weak little girl of an organization."

"There are few organizations purportedly on the side of freedom that aggravate me more than the National Rifle Association," Erickson wrote in June. "In fact, these days I cringe when I see good conservatives with their lifetime member sticker from the NRA on the back of their cars." During the confirmation process for Elena Kagan, Curt Levey of the Committee for Justice complained to the Washington Times, "The NRA has misunderstood what the fight is about."

More …

Post subject: Re: NRA In Battle - Phuck, I Already Renewed!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:08 am 
The Man

Locally: GOCRA; nationally, GOA and JPFO.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:53 am 
Forum Moderator

joelr wrote:
Locally: GOCRA; nationally, GOA and JPFO.

All good choices and we should give our money and numbers to all of them.

That said, we should also keep up at least the basic membership in the NRA; the anti-gun forces are scared to death of them and nobody else has those sorts of numbers.

Are they elitist fudds? Yes!

Do they make too many deals? Yes!

Are they necessary? I think so!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:24 pm 

How about the SAF? They seem to be picking up some of the precedent setting lawsuits that the NRA doesn't/won't go after.

- Spike

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.