Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:15 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 REMINGTON UNDER FIRE 
 Post subject: REMINGTON UNDER FIRE
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

Check your local cable listings. Tomorrow is the premier of "Remington Under Fire", a show about how dangerous Remington 700's are.

Apparently they will just go "bang" in your car, in your gun cabinet, even when empty of ammunition. From the trailers it appears that the damn things can grow their own ammunition and then they go crazier than someone with a speech impediment reciting the "Night Before Christmas".

Quote:
allegations that the Remington Model 700- series hunting rifle is prone to firing without pulling the trigger

See, it apparently just takes off on it's own. It's alive!

It's from CNBC, so you know that it is factual, fair, and balanced. :roll:

Post subject: Re: REMINGTON UNDER FIRE
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

Just finished watching about 85% of the show.

My analysis: I wouldn't own a Remington 700 without the new trigger. If I were the Remington CEO, I would order an immediate total recall of all of the old trigger 700's and the others in the 700 family.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:34 pm 

Since I obviously missed the airing, does anyone have a link to info about this Remington 700 problem? A google search didn't turn up anything immediately pertinent.

Thanks.

BB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:42 pm 

I had the exact same thing happen to me. A misfire, then discharge on closing the bolt on the follow up shot. The deer didn't stick around for a third try...

Thankfully that's all I lost. I called Remington and was told my rifle wasn't on the recall list. My other 700 with a Jewel trigger purrs like a kitten and I've put a lot more rounds down range with that.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39554936

Remington's response <probably true, but lame>:
http://www.remington700.tv/#/home

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.