Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:14 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Man Pulls a Gun on Activist 
 Post subject: Man Pulls a Gun on Activist
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:54 am 

I first ran across this over on XDTalk.com, I was surprised to see how many gun owner said they would have done the same thing as Mr. Solana. I had two points for why this was not a good time to pull a gun.

1. I don't think we could reasonably say that Mr Solana was in fear of Great Bodily harm or death.
2. He was not an unwilling participant in the altercation. Since he got out of his truck and advanced on the activist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuTC1Jk9h8Q

I do not support the activist, in fact they could possible be charged with harrasing him depending on what the state laws are in Pennsylvania.

I am interested to hear people say why they think this was a legally justified defensive use of a pistol, or if they think he is in hot water. Me personally, I would have never got out of the truck. I would have called the police and driven to the cop shop some LEO intervention.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Man Pulls a Gun on Activist
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:19 pm 

Seems like they were both in various degrees of 'being in the wrong'. The folks filming were definitely stalking and threatening the front vehicle. You can't see what the 'filming' car's driver does so you don't know if it was justified to draw or not, but I have to believe it wasn't.

The vigilantism of these morons filming things should definitely be prosecuted. Regardless of what they were protesting or being 'activists' for, they need to tone it the hell down and back off.

BB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:21 pm 

They all seem to be idiots to me. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

The SHARK folks are an offshoot of the PETA idiots. They are outraged over pigeon shooting. So, as woodchuck wrote, they are all idiots.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.